Defending myself

adam2434
adam2434 Posts: 995
edited October 2007 in The Clubhouse
I saw this over the weekend and was completely dumfounded that this guy would pollute this forum (in the system showcase) with libel, untruth, and insults over an eBay sale. I have trying to deal with behind the scenes with Justin using PMs and email, but I have not received a reply yet. My intention is not to start a war with this guy and further pollute the forum - that is wrong and totally inappropriate. My intention is only to defend myself regarding the text he has written.
http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=70831

First, the untruth about my selling broken speakers on Audiogon and eBay:
This was my 1st eBay sale. I've sold 5 items on Audiogon over 3 years and received positive feedback for all those sales. All Audiogon sales were items that I purchased new and sold in mint condition.
http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fb.pl?user=Adam2434

I sold my CS350 to this guy on eBay It was in mint condition and worked flawlessly when I shipped it. In my eBay ad, I disclosed and provided a picture of the only cosmetic flaw, a crack in the perforated plastic on the underside of the grill, which was not visible with the grill on.

The sale went smoothly. He paid quickly, and I shipped quickly and we left each other positive feedback.

When he received the speaker, he sent me an eBay message thanking me for the careful packaging, indicating that the speaker was mint, and indicating that he was watching a movie with "Adcom pumping 100W through it" as he was typing the eBay message.

Then, 6 days later, I got an eBay message saying one of the midwoofers was bad and that he wanted to return the speaker. I told him that it was working flawlessly when I shipped it and that I would not take it back after he had it 6 days and given that it was obviously working when he received it, based on his own words above. Later, he indicated that his first use was only 20 seconds and he didn't notice a problem then.

Although it was working flawlessly when I shipped it, I offered to pay for 1/2 the cost of a replacement midwoofer, just to try to resolve this. This would have cost each of us $24. He did not accept that offer and started a dispute with Paypal and eBay.

He won the Paypal dispute, but did not get awarded a full refund. I do not understand the criteria Paypal used to decide the winner and how much to award. I inquired Paypal several times on the basis for his winning, but Paypal never provided me an answer.

I received the speaker back, hooked it up, and immediately heard an issue (distortion) in one of the midwoofers, which was not there when I shipped it.

If he has permanently damaged my reputation on this forum, well then he succeeded in his objective, and I can't control that. I just had to defend myself and it really bothers me to think that the members of this forum could doubt my character based on this.

Adam
5.1 and 2.0 ch Basement Media Room: Outlaw 975/Emotiva DC-1/Rotel RB-1582 MKII/Rotel RB-1552/Audiosource Amp 3/Polk LS90, CS400i, FX500i/Outlaw X-12, LFM-1/JVD DLA-HD250/Da-Lite 100" HCCV/Sony ES BDP/Sonos Connect. DC-1/RB-1582 MKII/Sonos Connect also feed Polk 7C in garage or Dayton IO655 on patio.
2.1 ch Basement Gym: Denon AVR-2807/Klipsch Forte I or NHT SB2/JBL SUB 550P x 2/Chromecast Audio.
2.0 ch Living Room: Rotel RX-1052/Emotiva DC-1/Klipsch RF-7 III/Sony ES BDP/LG 65" LED.
2.0 ch Semi-portable: Klipsch Powergate/NHT SB3/Chromecast Audio.
Kitchen: Sonos Play5.
Post edited by adam2434 on

Comments

• audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited April 2006
    Offering to pay for half the cost of a new mid when you shipped it in perfect condition, is sufficient grounds for receiving the 'stand-up guy' stamp in my book.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,163
    edited April 2006
    Regardless of what the facts are. He should not be able to use the Polk Audio showcase to air his grievance about you. I think it's totally classless of him to do this and shows he has no character. I'm starting to wonder what the hell is wrong with people sometimes. It seems he felt he was given the short end and the deal and since his complaint was resolved by Paypal that should be the end of it. When dealing with others on the internet and not face to face with used/unwarranteed equipment BOTH parties have to assume some risk. If you are not willing to assume some risk then don't enter into this type of situation.

Again, I'm not taking either side and the facts don't matter. Totally uncalled for and I hope when Justin gets involved he'll politely tell the other guy what he has done is inappropriate and not allowed.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,440
    edited April 2006
    Riteleg is a twit to post that in the showcase. He should be ashamed of himself and isn't someone that we need here.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• masanz1
    masanz1 Posts: 511
    edited April 2006
    it just seems strange to leave positive feedback and then do this.
    Matthew
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason

HT

Yamaha RX-V2500
    CS400-Center
    SDA 1A-Mains
    RT20-Surround
    None right now-Rears
    SVS 20-39PCi
    Infocus IN72
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited April 2006
    lets ban someone today..i'm feeling generous.

I read it too last night before it hit the fan here... It's wrong like H9 said.. it's been resolved and it's old news.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,315
    edited April 2006
    I once sold an old VCR in a public auction that we had.The Auctioneer told everyone over a megaphone that the VCR was "acting up" and needed work...A young lady bought the item for a grand total of $25.

Once she got home and tried to use the "needed work" VCR and realized it was skipping once in a while,she called the Auctioneer and demanded a refund.

Well,he called me and said she wasn't happy,but he didn't really give a **** what she thought,all bidders were informed that the item needed work before it sold.

She called me and demanded a refund,I told her that I was sorry that she was unhappy,but,that I wasn't running a Walmart and that the VCR was sold "as is"...

Some people are just too much.
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited April 2006
    A Splintery Wooden Rail I say!!!

Dude does not post that on his showcase. Bad form and all that ****.

If he had something to say, then say it here.

You offered to split a replacement, WTF more does he want?
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited April 2006
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again. "Not everybody's PERFECTLY normal.... like us."
  • millerman 3732
    millerman 3732 Posts: 1,488
    edited April 2006
    saw the riteleg post in the showcase a week or so ago , thought it was srange to put it there. he also kept updating it so it was always at or near the top of the list
    Casey
    H/T: Epson 6500ub
    Sony UBP-X800
    Toshiba HD-XA2 (HD-DVD, CD)
    Onkyo 805 (pre-amp)
    Outlaw 7125
    Polk RTi 10 (bi-amped)
    Polk CSi5 (bi-amped)
    Polk RTi6
    SVS PB 12 plus/2
    Velodyne SMS-1

TV Rig: Samsung 50'' 4k display
    Polk Signa-1 Surround bar
  • F1nut
    edited April 2006
    Ya know, after reading his entire Showcase babble I've come to the conclusion this guy isn't wrapped too tight.

Adam, I don't think you need to worry about your reputation, it's obvious who the putz is.

Edit: Check out the feedback for riteleg on eBay, the guy is looney tunes!!!

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• unc2701
    unc2701 Posts: 3,587
    edited April 2006
    I had this batshit crazy roommate that I had to throw out... she left behind the remains of her iBook that she'd broken and she still owed me 2 months rent, so I figured, "Why not part it out and sell it on ebay?" So I make about $200 selling the parts, always with the disclaimer "AS-IS, untested, no way to test, came from dead iBook" No complaints till some jackass wins the battery for $20. A good working battery should cost $75, but he got it for $20 since no one else would touch it. It doesn't work. He takes it to the apple store. They charge him $60 to tell him that it doesn't work. He wants me to give him $80, plus shipping.

Seriously, you can't keep people from being pain-in-the-**** dumb m----erf---ers. Don't worry about your rep- we understand.
    Gallo Ref 3.1 : Bryston 4b SST : Musical fidelity CD Pre : VPI HW-19
    Gallo Ref AV, Frankengallo Ref 3, LC60i : Bryston 9b SST : Meridian 565
    Jordan JX92s : MF X-T100 : Xray v8
    Backburner:Krell KAV-300i
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited April 2006
    glad this wad joined for the sole purposes of leaving bad feedback from effin EBAY?!?!?!. 2 whopping posts, and this is all he has to contribute? Talking smack in the system showcase?

liked the " I have 100 watts going through it" part, he probably put the amplification into clipping and blew the driver his damn self.

also, Adam's story re: the paypal complaint is the reason why I will NEVER have paypal. If I dont know ya, your sending me a money order. DOnt like it? Dont buy.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • F1nut
    edited April 2006
    ohskigod wrote:
    liked the " I have 100 watts going through it" part, he probably put the amplification into clipping and blew the driver his damn self.

As if there was any doubt about that.

President of Club Polk

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited April 2006
    stupid is as stupid does - F. Gump
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Zen Dragon
    Zen Dragon Posts: 501
    edited April 2006
    After looking at and reading his showcase he reminds me of a couple old girlfriends I used to date.

Real nice rack, but not right in the head. :D
    The Family
    Polk SDA-1C's
    Polk SDA-2
    Polk Monitor 10B's
    Polk LSI-9's
    Polk Monitor 5's
    Polk 5 jr's
    Polk PSW-450 Sub
    Polk CSI40 Center

Do not one day come to die, and discover you have not lived.
    This is pretty f***ed up right here.
  • F1nut
    edited April 2006
    You know with all this hub-bub going on I forgot to welcome riteleg, so 370HSSV-0773H

President of Club Polk

• Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited April 2006
    If this does not qualify for an automatic ban, nothing does.

ritejerk is defacing polkaudio.com and slandering someone at the same time.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,480
    edited April 2006
    F1nut wrote:
    You know with all this hub-bub going on I forgot to welcome riteleg, so 370HSSV-0773H

I know that code!:D

He updated his showcase again. 04/13/2006
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited April 2006
    riteleg is in serious need of a real life **** beating. That's apparent.

"UUNNGGHH!!!!!!!!! HOW YA LIKE ME NOW? HOW YA LIKE ME NOW?"
  • heiney9
    edited April 2006
    Polk Audio has no control over the lack of sanity of some members here, but they sure as hell better tell riteleg to edit his showcase and cease and desist with the slandering. What an asshat. I love that word, picked that word up right here on CP. :D

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited April 2006
    Paypal oh yea, they suck. I only use as a last resort with folks I trust. I have a horror tale but wont bore folks. Just say they are in business to make money anyway they can.

RT1
  • adam2434
    adam2434 Posts: 995
    edited April 2006
    I appreciate all the posts - they truly do make me feel better about this ordeal. All your sentiments are in-line with what I've known and been dealing with since January.

Justin took care of it and the text is gone.
    5.1 and 2.0 ch Basement Media Room: Outlaw 975/Emotiva DC-1/Rotel RB-1582 MKII/Rotel RB-1552/Audiosource Amp 3/Polk LS90, CS400i, FX500i/Outlaw X-12, LFM-1/JVD DLA-HD250/Da-Lite 100" HCCV/Sony ES BDP/Sonos Connect. DC-1/RB-1582 MKII/Sonos Connect also feed Polk 7C in garage or Dayton IO655 on patio.
    2.1 ch Basement Gym: Denon AVR-2807/Klipsch Forte I or NHT SB2/JBL SUB 550P x 2/Chromecast Audio.
    2.0 ch Living Room: Rotel RX-1052/Emotiva DC-1/Klipsch RF-7 III/Sony ES BDP/LG 65" LED.
    2.0 ch Semi-portable: Klipsch Powergate/NHT SB3/Chromecast Audio.
    Kitchen: Sonos Play5.
  • heiney9
    edited April 2006
    I hate Paypal as well, but I did win a dispute case and got all my money back, minus all their damn fee's. So in the end Paypal did serve me well, but I know this is mostly an exception; it usually doesn't go that well.

The guy was a complete idiot and deserved everything he got. I gave him every benefit and opportunity and waited long past what most people would. He never responded to the Paypal dispute and let them take the money out of his account, etc. He sent the unit after the money was refunded. All this took about 6 weeks to resolve in addition to all the back and forth during and after the auction ended.

I will say in all my internet dealings his was the only time I ever had a problem. I am a big believer in Karma and that has ruled all my transactions.

H9
  • Skynut
    Skynut Posts: 2,967
    edited April 2006
    Zen Dragon wrote:
    After looking at and reading his showcase he reminds me of a couple old girlfriends I used to date.

Real nice rack, but not right in the head. :D

Thats funny.
    Too bad he already edited the showcase, I am a day late and a buck shy.
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Panamax 5510 power conditioner (for electronics)
    2 PSAudio UPC-200 power conditioners (for amps)
    Front L/R RT3000p (Bi-Wired)
    Center CS1000p (Bi-Wired) (under the television)
    Center RT2000p's (Bi-Wired) (on each side of the television)
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

www.ShadetreesMachineShop.com
    Thanks for looking
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited April 2006
    I have no complaints with PayPal myself. I have found it to be very safe and effective, though the fees piss me off. As a seller, the key is to be as honest as possible and to document everything. I'm sorry you got stuck with this guy Adam2434. I hope future auctions go much better.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited April 2006
    Have no fear Marc, they will get around to you eventually. Paypal is not preferred by RT1.

RT1
  • riteleg
    riteleg Posts: 5
    edited October 2007
    did a google search. sorry if you think i'm loony whoever. thanks for liking my rack. kinda proud of it. all original built by me. lotsa time around equipment. as i understand once your amp is on it pushes the full wattage but not at full volume. that center rated handling wattage was a heck of a lot more wattage than i could supply it with. yep, polk removed my remark about adam. he would not refund me for a long time. i had to spend my money to get my purchase money back. paypal charged me. i go to school. the speaker was delivered by fed ex and was sitting under a bush on the side of my front door on a busy street. i took it in and hooked it up at about 10 p.m. gotta nice adcom 3 channel to push it. sounded nice at a night-time level. 3 days later during the day i was watching wedding crashers and when an actress was speaking on the beach i could hear funny noises from a driver. i messaged adam through ebay. told of the problem. he offered just as he said half. i do more work now such as time searching ordering recieving replacing ect. i dont pay hecka money to buy bunk stuff. wanted refund. had to pay ship to me and back to adam. i felt the speaker was misused by whomever had it before. message posted because i still didnt have my refund in full from adam. paypal refunded me not in full, adam would not. his description said the speaker was fine. i left feedback before a full audition. lost money on this transaction. sometimes shipping messes up voice coils as i have heard occurs in the sda line. loved them at work. auditioned the whole sda line for customers. sorry to offend club polkees. people are generally good. wish adam luck and all the haters. speakergeek posted a comment about my system and i had it removed just as adam did with mine. thanks for the welcome. i am in the right head. ritejerk? more like rite on if you knew me. asshat? slandering? sanity? that's called pissed off genuis. take care all as i will.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,574
    edited October 2007
    Why - oh why is this thread revived from 2006.

You know who cares? You, and you alone.

Have a great day.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • riteleg
    edited October 2007
    i care. just looked up my name. who are you.
  • riteleg
    edited October 2007
    Demiurge. beating?