need help with box ideas for a crown vic

98thumpin98thumpin Posts: 649
edited April 2006 in Custom Fabrication
i am buying vince's subs from him and i have a crown vic, i was wanting to mount the subs inverted, will this method sound the same? also ill be building a box and i never built one before, ill be posting a pic of my trunk so ideas or plans will be greatly appreciated. i need a blueprint for a box. that will fit in my trunk. if i have to ill mount them iso barriec. i was thinking of building an amp rack into the box, and adding neon later down the road. i know nothing about fiberglassing, so wood is what ill be building it out of.
John Tyler Birch

home audio system:

Denon avr-1907
Sony dvd/cd changer 5 disc
nakamichi BX-100 tape deck
2 Polk Audio monitor 70's
Velodyne DPS-12 subwoofer
RCA TV
NAK 600 tape deck
Monster power line conditioning power center
Post edited by 98thumpin on

Comments

• neomagus00neomagus00 Posts: 3,909
    edited April 2006
    yes, inverted subs sound the same; coming up with box blueprints is pretty much my department here on the car side - to do this i need accurate measurements of your trunk, and a link to the t/s specs of the subwoofers (or you can just give me a volume, but i won't be able to say anything about the performance of the resulting box). i also have to know how much woodworking skill you have - i.e. are 30 degree angles okay, or do i have to stick with 45 degree, or if you're really not that good, i have to stick with 90 degrees... that sort of thing...

oh, and i have a bitchload of work from now till next thursday at the earliest, so it'd have to wait until at least next friday
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • 98thumpin98thumpin Posts: 649
    edited April 2006
    well to answer a couple of your questions, i have a circular saw and i know how to set the angles i always measure twice cut once. 30 is fine or 45, i know 90 is easy but it reasults in a bigger box. do you want a total trunk measure ment or useable (where the box will be located)? i will post a link with the specs, and ill tell you what the measurements are sometime soon, no rush though, i dont have to build right away.
    John Tyler Birch

home audio system:

Denon avr-1907
    RCA TV
    NAK 600 tape deck
    edited April 2006
    the length 41 inches, the width is 26 inches and the depth is 15 inches, there is a pic of my trunk in the garage sale forum, under it must go.
    John Tyler Birch

home audio system:

Denon avr-1907
    RCA TV
    NAK 600 tape deck
    edited April 2006
    the subs are two 12 inch flame q 450w, and two 10 inch flameq 450w audiobahn.
    John Tyler Birch

home audio system:

Denon avr-1907
    RCA TV
    NAK 600 tape deck
    edited April 2006
    u gonna help me
    John Tyler Birch

home audio system:

Denon avr-1907
    RCA TV
    NAK 600 tape deck
  • neomagus00neomagus00 Posts: 3,909
    edited April 2006
    you'll notice of course that i said at the earliest this past friday... i was out of town all yesterday, and have homework to do right now... when i get the time, yes, i will help you.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
    edited April 2006
    ok im sorry time escaped me
    John Tyler Birch

home audio system:

Denon avr-1907
    RCA TV
    NAK 600 tape deck