Video Game Systems

Options
audiobliss
audiobliss Posts: 12,518
edited April 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I realized my listing was too long, so here's the "Cliff's Notes" version. For more detail, see my second post.

Game Boy Color:
Case
Nuby battery pack and magnifying glass/light
NYKO light
Donkey Kong Land 2
Pokemon Red Edition
Pokemon Special Pikachu Edition
Pokemon Pinball
TopGear Pocket

PS1
Test Drive 6
Gran Turismo
Gran Turismo 2
R4 Ridge Racer Type 4
EA Games Nascar 2000
Peter Jacobsen's Golden Tee Golf
EA Games Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2000
EA Games Triple Play 2000 (baseball)
Namco Museum Volume 3
Pong
Q*bert
Frogger 2 Swampy's Revenge
Tarzan
Several demo/sampler discs

NES
*ALL* original literature
Donkey Kong
Super Mario World
Mario Is Missing!
Uper Mario Kart
Super Star Wars
Roger Clemens' MVP Baseball
EA Sports MLBPA Baseball
Kemco TopGear
Kemco TopGear2
SuperNES Super Scope 6 (Note: Gun not included.)

Sega Genesis
NBA Jam
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Jstas wrote: »
Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
In Use
PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
Epson 8700UB

In Storage
[Home Audio]
Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
Post edited by audiobliss on

Comments

• audiobliss
    edited April 2006
    Options
    Game Boy Color:
    My Game Boy Color is yellow, is in perfect functional condition, and is in *almost* perfect cosmetic condition. There are no marks on the body of the unit, but there are a few on the screen. However, none of them are big/deep enough to interfere with game play at all. I got a Nuby accessory pack to go with this. That includes a Game Boy Light Plus, which clips on to the sides of the Game Boy, has a light, and also a magnifying glass. Also, there was a "Snap'n'Power" pack included with this 'kit'. You remove the battery cover and batteries, and pop in the batter pack. Since I got the battery pack, I've always used it and have been quite pleased with it. Besides extending run time and elminating the need to replace batteries, it also makes the unit thicker where you hold it towards the bottom, which made it more comfortable for me. However, I personally find the unit quite comfortable to hold even without the battery pack. I also bought a NYKO light for it. This plugs into the side port on the Game Boy and illuminates the screen from above, thus permitting game play in the dark. I found this to be a much better solution than the Nuby magnifying glass/light unit. I will also include a small case that can hold the Game Boy, all 5 games, the instruction booklet (to a game...the only one I kept :(), the battery pack, and the NYKO light.

Games:
    Donkey Kong Land 2 (Note: Not a Game Boy Color game. However, there are some colors when played on the Game Boy Color.)
    Pokemon Red Edition
    Pokemon Special Pikachu Edition
    Pokemon Pinball
    TopGear Pocket

I regret to say that I did caught up in the Pokemon craze for a short time. I never did get into the trading cards or the TV show, but I did, obviously, buy a few of the games and waste some time on them. I actually got fairly far with the Red Edition, and you will also have all my game play saves for that. The Pokemon Pinball and TopGear Pocket both use AAA batteries to power a small motor that provides effects when your ball hits the wall or you crash, etc.

For some unkown reason I saw fit to dispose of all the games' users manuals. The Pokemon were quite in-depth and proved to be useful if you were seriously interested in playing the game. I only kept one of the manuals, and I can't determine which version it goes to.

PS1:
    I have the ringial owner's manual and associated literature, as well as the gray controller with analog joysticks that came with the unit and a translucent blue controller with analog joysticks. Power cord, RFU adapter, and the component video (?) adapter is also included.

Games:
    Test Drive 6
    Gran Turismo
    Gran Turismo 2
    R4 Ridge Racer Type 4
    EA Games Nascar 2000
    Peter Jacobsen's Golden Tee Golf
    EA Games Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2000
    EA Games Triple Play 2000 (baseball)
    Namco Museum Volume 3 (Includes Galaxian, Ms. Pac-Man, Pole Position 11, Dig-Dug, Phozon, and The Tower of Druaga)
    Pong
    Q*bert
    Frogger 2 Swampy's Revenge
    Tarzan

I also have a Jampack Demo CD from PlayStation Underground (for Winter 2000) that includes demos of:
    Spyro: Year of the Dragon
    Crash Bash
    Cool Boarders 2001
    Disney's 102 Dalmations: Puppies to the Rescue
    Madden NFL 2001
    Spider-Man
    Army Men - Air Attack 2
    Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX
    Sydney 2000

I also have on from the Summer (of what year?, I don't know). It doesn't list the demos on the disc's label, and I'm not going to put it in to find out unless someone requests I do.

Finally there's an Official U.S PlayStation Magaine Demo disc from Issue 55. Again, it doesn't list the contents on the label, so, unless you specifically ask me to, I'm not going to pop it in and find out.

I have two regular memory cards (one gray and one translucent blue). I believe the size on these are only like 15 'blocks'. I also have a 'Mega Memory Card' that has an LCD which allows you to select something like an A, B, and C section, each having like 8 'pages', each representing a conventional memory card. That would be the equivalent of 24 regular memory cards, with a total of 360 'blocks' of memory. Besides the extra storage, the 'file system' allows you to organize your game saves. This 'Mega Memory Card' also came with a huge case, with two extra slots in it, so all three of the memory cards will fit in it.

Sega Genesis:
    I'm not sure what literature for this I still have, but I'll look around and see what I've still got. Two regular (I don't *think* fance controllers were ever made for the Genesis, but I'm not sure) controllers are included, as well as an RFU unit and the unit's power cord.

Games:
    NBA Jam
    Sonic the Hedgehog
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Super Nintendo Entertainment System:
    I have so many papers related to the SNES, I'm very tempted to say I have *every* piece of literature that came with it, though I'll refrain from being quite that bold. However, I do have manuals, connections diagrams, and manuals for the games (who reads manuals period, much less for a game? :P). This will come with a two controllers, the unit's power cord, and an RF Switch, as well as a component video (?) hookup. Also, one of the games (Super Scope 6) came with a (huge) gun and a sensor. Unfortunately, the gun stopped working and so was thrown out long ago. However, I still have the sensor and the game cartridge for it. :confused: Don't ask me why.

Games:
    Donkey Kong
    Super Mario World
    Mario Is Missing!
    Uper Mario Kart
    Super Star Wars
    Roger Clemens' MVP Baseball
    EA Sports MLBPA Baseball
    Kemco TopGear
    Kemco TopGear2
    SuperNES Super Scope 6 (Note: Gun not included.)

Note: All the game cartridges, except for one (Super NES Super Scope 6), has its own little plastic cover the cartridge sits in to protect the card inside. I attempted (long ago) to write the name of the games on the protectors with a permanent marker so as to keep it straight which protector went with which game (don't ask me why...all the protectors are identical), though as memory serves, the writing can be easily wiped off with a wet paper towel. However, perhaps that's just while the ink was still wet while I was doing it, I can't remember.

I believe that adequately covers all the equipment and accessories, etc. It's been forever since I've used the NES or Sega Genesis (and a fair amount of time since I've used the PlayStation), so I'm not 100% sure they all work. However, I have, surprisingly, always taken good care of these, and they worked just fine last time they were all hooked up. I will be more than happy to plug them up to double check their functional condition before they're sent out, and I will probably do it anyways just to play some of these games and be lost in the memories. I can't tell you how many memories I've made with Dad and other friends (though mostly Dad) on the NES with the baseball and racing games. I remember the Donkey Kong and Super Mario Brothers were also infinitely enjoyable, too. Mom fairly recently told me that while I was away at school during the day (this would be in kindergarten and 1st grade since I've been homeschooled since), she would play Donkey Kong and Super Mario Brothers so she could be more competition for me when I got home. I must admit it payed off, as it too often to suit me that she won! :p

Pricing, Shipping, etc.
    Anyhoo, I'm still working on prices and such, but I just wanted to go ahead and get this out there just to see how much interest there is in something like this. I'm also trying to figure out how much shipping will be, so I'm definitely not ready to post any prices. I know we don't bid on CP, but if any of you are 'in the know' with this type of stuff, I would certainly appreciate some PM's enlightening me as to my gear's worth. Just for a preliminary assesment, I've thought about roughly $20 for the console and then about $5 for each game. I will, of course, take into consideration my research I've yet to do and PM's I will possibly receive before I finalize any pricing. Also, reccomendations on shipping methods would be greatly appreciated, too, as this will be the first transaction (and not just on this forum) that I've ever initiated.

I'm obviously interested in selling each set as a package, but I'm sure I'll have to part it out, if I get any interest here. If I don't, then I may have to venture out and try e-bay. Never done anything with e-bay, but I just *might* be able to persuade the parents to let me give it a shot.

I also have a Sega Game Gear system and PS2 system, but Mom won't let me get rid of the Game Gear, and I'm not sure I want to part with the PS2.

Thank you for your interest, and please don't hesitate to post questions and/or PM me!
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • audiobliss
    edited April 2006
    Options
    The SNES is spoken for.
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • audiobliss
    edited April 2006
    Options
    I've received a few PM's. Just to let you know, I'm not trying to ignore everybody! :p I'm walking out of the house right now, and I probably won't be back for another 5 hours or so.

Thanks for the interest! I'll return the PM's this evening when I get back in.
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]