PS Audio Prelude Power Cords

Options
dkg999
dkg999 Posts: 5,647
edited April 2006 in 2 Channel Audio
I just got two of the PS Audio Prelude power cords that AudioAdvisor has on sale. Very nice build quality, very nice cosmetically, and the $69.95 for 2m length with free shipping is pretty easy on the budget. I really like their terminations. Of course they made my lowly Parasound HCA-1500 amplifiers sound like $10k tube masterpieces (j/k, don't take this last comment seriously, please see references to sarcasm) :p
DKG999
HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
Post edited by dkg999 on

Comments

• Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    edited April 2006
    Options
    I just picked up a PS Audio Power Punch for my pre-amp.I'm very happy with this minor upgrade,planning on replacing all our A/C cables shortly...

Audio Advisor has had some good sales recently.
  • carvin77
    carvin77 Posts: 10
    edited April 2006
    Options
    dkg999 wrote:
    I just got two of the PS Audio Prelude power cords that AudioAdvisor has on sale. Very nice build quality, very nice cosmetically, and the $69.95 for 2m length with free shipping is pretty easy on the budget. I really like their terminations. Of course they made my lowly Parasound HCA-1500 amplifiers sound like $10k tube masterpieces (j/k, don't take this last comment seriously, please see references to sarcasm) :p

yes, i know that pawer cords...are quite good!
  • jmierzur
    jmierzur Posts: 489
    edited April 2006
    Options
    dkg999,

Thanks for the info. Ordered some for the two channel system.
  • bikerboy
    bikerboy Posts: 1,207
    edited April 2006
    Options
    Hi,
    Thanks for the heads up. I needed a cord for the B&K amp I bought and it helped a lot. I was using a 18 ga computer cord to get the amp running and the 10 ga PS Audio is huge. The amp sounds better all around, more dynamic and extended, the bass especially. Highs are more extended and dynamic also. Well worth the cost and again proves that small (a f$%*^^$ cord) things can and do make a difference. Thanks for the lead on quality product to improve our sound.
    Main system: Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 w/ Pioneer 42" plazma-> Polk LSiM 703 w/Tivo, Marantz tuner, BRPTT: Nothingham Spacedeck-> Pioneer PL L1000 linear arm-> Soundsmith DL 103R-> SUT->Bottlehead ErosDigital: I3 PC w/ Jriver playing flac -> Sonore Ultrarendu -> Twisted Pair Audio ESS 9028 w/ Mercury IVY Vinyl rips: ESI Juli@24/192-> i3 PC server