Bi-Amping

Options
STUFFMD
STUFFMD Posts: 381
edited May 2002 in Electronics
Hello all,
I currently own a pair of RT800i's (main)and an Onkyo 797. i must say I love them both. I just bi-wired my my 800's and got a noticeable difference. I am thinking of bi- amping for a further pedestrian tweek. Onkyo has a 2 channel amp (would like to stay with the same brand) with the same specs as those of the 797 for under $300. I was thinking of adding the amp to the pre-out for one set of frequencies and the reciever for another. Question will this work, will the reciever run both signals if i hook up to the preamp out, and has anyone tried this, will there be a noticeable difference, clarity, imaging all that good stuff. Lastly the preamp out uses one rca plug for + and - out. if i use a splitter which will be pos. and which neg.
Any feedback or input would be appreciated, better ideas on wireing??????
Thanks, STUFFMD
Your system is only as good as your weakest component...!

OnkyoTX-DS 797
NAD C270/ Mains
Mains: LSI9's
Center: Cs400i /Biwired
Rear: Fx300i
Rear Center:CS 245i
Dvd: Onkyo DVS 555
Vision RCA 36" Premiere Series
Bang & Olfsen RX Turntable
Psw 350 Front/Psw 202 rear
Kimber Cable 4TC Mains HF
Monster Originals/Center
Kimber Interconnects
Monster XP Everywhere else
PS2/Gamecube
Post edited by STUFFMD on

Comments

• rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited May 2002
    Options
    Generally speaking, with RCA plugs, the signal is in the center pin. The outer ring is the ground.
  • joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited May 2002
    Options
    the pre out will send a two channel signal and if you are in multi-channel mode and if you bi-amp you are going to get two channel & a multi-channel signal to the mains. and this might cause over lapping of two differant signals coming from your mains. it might be better to come out , of if you have pre mains out puts,and on some receivers if you hook up this way it shuts down the main speaker wire outputs so you have to find out if your receiver dose both , main speaker output & main rca output
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.