Eclipse Components

cam5860
cam5860 Posts: 632
edited March 2006 in Car Audio & Electronics
I see car domain is carrying Eclipse components. They look very well built and I like the looks of them too.

Anyone have any experience with them? Also what other brand of components would you compare them to sound quality wise?
Post edited by cam5860 on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited March 2006
    I group Eclipse in with Alpine in that everything they make is pretty good so Id wager their speakers would be as well.

Ive heard their subs but have only listened to some of their speakers a couple times and thats been a while ago. I do remember tho that they were pleasant sounding with nothing bad standing out.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • cam5860
    cam5860 Posts: 632
    edited March 2006
    Yeah I agree most of the eclipse stuff looks rock solid. Im actually thinking about getting the eclipse cd 3000 headunit.

I like the fact that it has 5 volt preouts. I was also talking with a installer at circuit city and he told me the eclipse headunits sound much better than all the other brands of headunits they carry.
  • 98thumpin
    98thumpin Posts: 649
    edited March 2006
    i talked to a guy that does work for cc roadshop, and he said eclipse is proably the best hu he sells and itsa one of the cheapest two. nothing too fancy just a cd player. too
    John Tyler Birch

home audio system:

Denon avr-1907
    Sony dvd/cd changer 5 disc
    nakamichi BX-100 tape deck
    2 Polk Audio monitor 70's
    Velodyne DPS-12 subwoofer
    RCA TV
    NAK 600 tape deck
    Monster power line conditioning power center
  • swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited March 2006
    Eclipse heads at CC aren't exactly the cheapest.

Sure all of them have the MP3 function but who really cares.
    The lowest one we have is 159.99 and many people are just coming in for the free install so they spend 99.99 to 120.99.

Sure you get your exceptions, but not all the time.
    I've talked 5 or so people into Eclipse decks and they all have liked the choice they made.

The subs we have... 2 12"s in a sealed enclosure sound really nice.
    I like having the opportunity to toy w/ their products. They do cost a bit more but it's worth every penny.

Oh and I like how the Eclipse HU sounds better than any other HU they carry. I hope he doesn't try to demo that because it may be kind of difficult to show someone that using the soundwall.
    cats.vans.bag...
  • 98thumpin
    98thumpin Posts: 649
    edited March 2006
    right you work at cc ok cool, this is the system i want in my car, panasonic CQ-C7403U, with polk audio MMC690 speakers for the rear and polk mmc 570 for the front. a polk audio c500.1 driving a polk db212-2 sub, and a polk C400.4 pushing the mmc speakers, with a arc audio idx/xeq contol center what do you think.
    John Tyler Birch

home audio system:

Denon avr-1907
    Sony dvd/cd changer 5 disc
    nakamichi BX-100 tape deck
    2 Polk Audio monitor 70's
    Velodyne DPS-12 subwoofer
    RCA TV
    NAK 600 tape deck
    Monster power line conditioning power center