McIntosh MC2205, MX117, XR5- Help?

Options
capecodder
capecodder Posts: 613
edited March 2006 in 2 Channel Audio
Hey guys (& gals): I just looked through tomorrows yard sale/estate sale listings out here on the Cape and noticed an estate sale listing the following McIntosh equipment to be included with a full house liquidation tomorrow:
MC-2205 Amplifier
MX-117 Pre-amp & tuner
XR5 speakers

I called the company running the sale and was told the set is in absolute immaculate condition with original boxes and manuals. To be sold as set for $1,900. Obviously I have not seen it to confirm its condition

I do not need the equipment and would have only kept it if it was sold real cheap because they didn't know what they had. Unfortunately they do know. What do you think? Is this still a good enough price to pick up and unload elsewhere?? The sale is very early and not around the corner but is this a deal not to be passed up? Also, I may not be the first to grab it anyway. The dealer said he has had some interest in it already.

Any thoughts???

Comments

• audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited March 2006
    Options
    http://www.audioclassics.com/detail.php3?detail=MC2205

googled and found that. Don't know if it's of any help or not.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • capecodder
    capecodder Posts: 613
    edited March 2006
    Options
    yeah, i saw that and looked at ebay's completed listings and one mc 2205 went for around $1000 and a nice one with boxes for $1500 (edit- didn't sell for $1500, is now re-listed for $1399). Not sure how realistic Audioclassics prices are.