Comments

• PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Ron-P wrote:
    Murder a blessing in disguise? WTF?

We don't know all the facts.

Maybe he was azz-raping the children. I have no sympathy for those types of people. Maybe the children would be better off being raised by their relatives. Who knows what was going on in that household.
    Demiurge wrote:
    What the **** is wrong with you?

I guess whats wrong with me is that I believe that even some of the stormiest clouds have silver linings and some glasses are half full. If you need further discussion, do it in a PM.
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited March 2006
    Options
    We don't know all the facts.

Maybe he was azz-raping the children. I have no sympathy for those types of people. Maybe the children would be better off being raised by their relatives. Who knows what was going on in that household.

Whatever the reason, murder is not the answer and not a blessing.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Wow. This really is a sad story. And then the fact that some people would try to pin it on religion is just as sad.

I pray that the children will somehow have a good childhood, inspite of what they've had to go through and the changes those events necessitate.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited March 2006
    Options
    It's most likely a blessing for the children in a small way, since either

a)the father did something that was so horrendous that the mother thought she would have to kill him to get her children away from it, OR
    b) the mother is a psychotic murderer.

Growing up in a house with one of those two possibilities has a good chance of being worse for them than growing up with no parents at all, assuming they can get over the terrible scarring that will result from living through such an ordeal.

Terrible either way.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • up2youjoe
    up2youjoe Posts: 114
    edited March 2006
    Options
    And on the bright side they won't have to go to church on Sunday mornings anymore.
    No Kids Allowed
    cold, heartless, clueless, greedy 'young professional'
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,490
    edited March 2006
    Options
    redrum :eek:
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited March 2006
    Options
    audiobliss wrote:
    And then the fact that some people would try to pin it on religion is just as sad.

Not just sad, but ignorant as well. No one here knows the details of what happened or why. Jumping to conclusions and blaming other people/groups for things without any basis is without a doubt more of a problem in the world than organized religion.
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited March 2006
    Options
    What about post partum deppression? anyone notice the one year old?

Tragic, just tragic...
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Up yours, up2... You're just stirring the pot. If you want to say, "in spite of" their strong religious background, that's one thing. Do you get off by intentionally offending people?

You nailed it, Ron...
    Whatever the reason, murder is not the answer and not a blessing.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited March 2006
    Options
    His compassion is overwhelming. At their young age the kid's faith may not be stong...but in a time like this the faith of like minded friends and family may be the one thing that holds them together.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited March 2006
    Options
    up2youjoe wrote:
    And on the bright side they won't have to go to church on Sunday mornings anymore.

I sincerely hope that YOUR children don't have to endure something of that magnitude.

Why don't you take a long walk off a short pier, ****.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited March 2006
    Options
    As phucked up as my parents are, I'm sure that murder has never entered the equasion....I know this because they live to hate each other........lol.

Sad thing for the little girls though, definitely
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • polksda
    polksda Posts: 716
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Why are so many people assuming the father did something to deserve this? The mother may just as easily be a freakin' nutjob that went off.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited March 2006
    Options
    If you asked me this whole thread is sad. By what happened by what is posted.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Well I've had about enough...
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,897
    edited March 2006
    Options
    polksda wrote:
    Why are so many people assuming the father did something to deserve this? The mother may just as easily be a freakin' nutjob that went off.

Nope. Just wait , you'll see.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited March 2006
    Options
    polksda wrote:
    Why are so many people assuming the father did something to deserve this?

Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. What is really sad is that becoming a preacher seems to be on the pedophile's top ten list of jobs to get. Its sad that the thought has to cross my mind at all.
    polksda wrote:
    The mother may just as easily be a freakin' nutjob that went off.

Could be, but so far people close to them have said things like "perfect mother", "perfect wife", "volunteered at school", blah blah. I guess a lot of people are "perfect" just before they snap.
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,897
    edited March 2006
    Options
    PolkThug wrote:
    Could be, but so far people close to them have said things like "perfect mother", "perfect wife", "volunteered at school", blah blah. I guess a lot of people are "perfect" just before they snap.

She was obviously a 'perfect' shot too. :(
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • HiPerf360
    HiPerf360 Posts: 436
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Wow... she was found in Orange Beach, AL

My parents have a place on the beach there, I cant belive the police caught her....

They are so laid back down there it isn't even funny....

I'm not proud of this but I could have been arested down there for DUI and I wouldnt have known what was going on.

The officer just followed me home to make sure I got there safely!!!!