C400.4 Helpppp Quickkkk

mmc659
mmc659 Posts: 8
edited April 2006 in Car Audio & Electronics
my thing DOESNT WORK:mad:

I'm sure the amp doesnt work but let me know wut u guyz think
i got the c400.4 from my local dealer shop--BRAND NEW
hooked it up yesterday, doesnt workkk:eek:

it turns the blue power light for 1/2 a second but just wont stay on, tried it on my friend's perfectly installed jl system(removed jl amp tried polk), it did the same thing, and somehow the thermal light does the same thing as the power light!

what the hell is this?????
+serial of birth certificate doesnt match amplifier
wtfff again

PLZ LET ME KNOW WHATS UP, the amp is strickly f*cked? or is it a little problem or what is it, all the wiring are GOOD

the jl system sounded perfect, once we wire the polk for mids/highs, all we hear is the w7...
THX
Post edited by mmc659 on

Comments

• Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited March 2006
    mmc659 wrote:
    I'm sure the amp doesnt work but let me know wut u guyz think
    i got the c400.4 from my local dealer shop--BRAND NEW

That's the advantage of buying from a dealer. In the rare event of a DOA piece they should be able to swap it out for you. Or at least trouble shoot it to figure out the problem.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited March 2006
    Bummer, man. I would recheck all the wiring and such, but if everything else is good, just take it back to your dealer and let him check it out.

Good luck!
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited March 2006
    Take it back! Don't mention the serial # or they might suspect you swapped it out.
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited March 2006
    the fact that the serial is off is exceedingly weird... you might want to call polk BEFORE taking the unit back to your dealer...
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • mmc659
    edited March 2006
    though i talked to them the first hour the amp was with me, (i quickly realized the serial number problem) they said they couldnt do anything but sure thing that the amp will work, cuz they dont send amplifier that doesnt work...well check this out, mine doesnt work now:cool: ....so basically they cant tell me anything bout the serial cuz I told them about it the same day I got it...

ya today imma go check out some expert installer that I know and go see the dealer...ill let u updated...
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited March 2006
    do that, this is odd...
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • Thom
    edited March 2006
    What shop is this? Was the amp sealed in plastic inside the box? Did it have the owner's manual and install hardware in a baggie? Any indication that the amp had been used (slight scratches, wear on the terminal screws, etc.)?

I missed the part about mis- matched serial numbers this morning...
  • 98thumpin
    98thumpin Posts: 649
    edited March 2006
    i thought each amp polk sold came with a certificate with matching serial number. polk is good for its customer service. id give them a call and ask if worse comes to worse send matthew polk a letter explaning the situation.
    John Tyler Birch

home audio system:

Denon avr-1907
    Sony dvd/cd changer 5 disc
    nakamichi BX-100 tape deck
    2 Polk Audio monitor 70's
    Velodyne DPS-12 subwoofer
    RCA TV
    NAK 600 tape deck
    Monster power line conditioning power center
  • Thom
    edited March 2006
    mmc659 wrote:
    I'm sure the amp doesnt work but let me know wut u guyz think i got the c400.4 from my local dealer shop--BRAND NEW

what the hell is this?????
    +serial of birth certificate doesnt match amplifier
    wtfff again

I'd still like to know what dealer it was. Are they an authorized dealer of ours?
  • mmc659
    edited April 2006
    everything went good,:D , I checked with a very good installer, and some wires were messed up.... now the blue light turns ON and STAYS on:D , im sorry I havent replied since then... I was too busy having fun with it!!!:p
    they are powering mmc5250 in the front and mmc690 in the back, the sound is SOOO clear, naturallll and powerfull, I can see it is underated by hearing it!! no need of birth certificate anymore... haha:D but I still think that its silly what they did though..mixed the actual product and birth certificate... wtv, and yea it was an authorized dealer...
    so ya everything is good now, very nice amplifier!would recommend to anyone:D edit*also mmc5250 and mmc690!!w00t!! but be aware, the highs on the mmc690 arent as clear as the mmc5250, but its still very clear, its just that the component is alot more naturall!
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited April 2006
    i still think Thom wants to know what dealer this is (name, city, phone #) so he can go bang some heads as to why the slip didn't match the amp...

If ya wanted "as is" stuff you could shop the internet... for retail prices you should get retail quality service (replacement if busted, as Thom said, and helpful install advice, and stuff like that).
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • 98thumpin
    98thumpin Posts: 649
    edited April 2006
    you have a very good point
    John Tyler Birch

home audio system:

Denon avr-1907
    Sony dvd/cd changer 5 disc
    nakamichi BX-100 tape deck
    2 Polk Audio monitor 70's
    Velodyne DPS-12 subwoofer
    RCA TV
    NAK 600 tape deck
    Monster power line conditioning power center
  • mmc659
    edited April 2006
    Thom wrote:
    I'd still like to know what dealer it was. Are they an authorized dealer of ours?

well its in Canada, Quebec, Montreal! Store's name is Radio St-Hubert and phone number is (514)276-1413, this is the store where I bought it, but he gaved me another number to contact for the birth certificate problem; (514)909-0620--Jean Foteu...he's the one that orders Polk stuff I think... so ya let me know if theres anything...