Do The Sr 6500s Fit 2003 Wrx Wagon

sleblond
sleblond Posts: 7
edited March 2006 in Car Audio & Electronics
I recently went to tweeter and they told me the sr 6500 component speakers would fit in the front doors of my 2003 subaru wrx wagon. I have spent too much time and money replacing door clips, speakers, and more speakers. Do these really fit in my car? Anyone already have installed in theirs? Polk experts if any of you have a wrx you must know what Im talking about.

Help me please, any other options that would fit would also be helpful.
Post edited by sleblond on

Comments

• Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited March 2006
    Sure, they'll fit if the right installer does it. The WRX comes with extremely shallow speakers so almost nothing will drop right in. We put Momo MMC650's in a co- worker's car a couple years ago. Use the spacer and bump the window track back a bit and it fits. No problem for a decent installer.

The SR's are about the same depth as the Momo's but have a smaller magnet (neo), so if the Momo's fit the SR's will be at least as easy.
  • sleblond
    edited March 2006
    What would you recomend in terms of sound quality: sr 6500s vs Momo? Im versitle with my music listening so I need a speaker that will handle a wide range of music and sound respectable with all of them.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2006
  • sleblond
    edited March 2006
    right on. What about the back doors any recomendations? So people say dont even bother with the back leave them stock or take them out completly. Sound image wise its probably best to have speakers in the back but open for suggestions.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited March 2006
    I and a few others here are fond of not having rear speakers, because rear speakers will pull the soundstage toward the rear and the imaging will be messed up, but since you have a four-door car, I guess I'd get some IF you carry passengers around a good bit. If not, then I wouldn't care about the sound in the back if no one is going to hear it and appreciate it.

Even if you do get some rear speakers, I would fade them out when it's just you in the car.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • daniel_paul_
    daniel_paul_ Posts: 189
    edited March 2006
    http://www.nasioc.com/

This is a great website for Subaru's. You have to pay to reply but there is great info if you serch. I found everything I needed there. I have an 05' wagon.

Also look at http://www.iaperformance.com/ for spacer ring thicknesses.
  • sleblond
    edited March 2006
    Right-eeo since the only life I carry in the back is my dogs and I general keep the volume down when their in the car cause their ears are sensitive I guess rear speakers would be a waste of time and money, lord knows Ill never be in the back seat of my car dammit. So I guess the next logical question would be an amp that would run a decent sub plus sr 6500s in the front? I would prefer to run it all off one amp I currently have a mono amp running my sub and it fits under my passenger seat, one that would fit in the same local would be great although their are other options. So an amp and subwoofer, preferably 10" to save space, suggestion is what I would like to know now. Figure I might as well overhaul the whole system.