1 pair modified RTi-70 x-over

Options
dave shepard
dave shepard Posts: 1,334
edited January 2007 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I replaced the crossovers in my friends RTi-70's due to his son's curiosity that led to one of the tweeters caps being damaged. I kept his and replaced the tweeters 2-caps (T.I. 7.5, T.I..47) with Mundorf 8.2 Supreme Silver/Gold (2%, 800v a/c, 1200v d/cto see what the change would be. The differance was in the detail of the upper freq. (extremly clean, alot more detail and fast) the increased value of the new cap is very minor and did not change enough to be a concern, I really liked the differance in the sound quality but only did this to see what would happen if I replaced the caps with high quality ones. I paid $325.13 (including shipping) for the pair if Mundorf's and am selling the complete x-over and caps for $210 shipped. Sorry for the not so good pic if needed I will try to get a better shot.

Dave
Post edited by dave shepard on

Comments

• dave shepard
    edited March 2006
    Options
    I'm not sure of the value of the 10's but it is easy enough to check by removing your binding post and having a look. The 70's have 1 cap for the mid and 2 for the tweeter. Just follow the tweeters path marked T+/T-.

Dave
  • dave shepard
    edited January 2007
    Options
    New price $150 shipped.

Dave
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Damn! That a steal for those caps!
    Carl

• dave shepard
    edited January 2007
    Options
    anonymouse wrote:
    Man I am drooling over these, but am tapped out after the holidays on the play money. Out of curiosity, why are you not using these in your own 70s? Were the differences too subtle?

I did have them on my 70's and the differance was noticeable. I only did it because I had a wild hair up there and to play with a pair of crossovers that needed those caps replaced anyhow so I figured what the hell I'll give them a try. Now I'd like to pass these on the next Polkster to try or use on their project without that high of a price. Notice their almost as big as the whole crossover, they are big and store alot of reserve, it was tight getting it in the cabnet but everything did fit.

Dave