changing the cabinet color of 5b's

Options
gitwitit101e
gitwitit101e Posts: 16
edited March 2006 in Vintage Speakers
I am thinking about changing the cabinet color of my 5b's to black. Any suggestions on the best way to do this and still have them look good?
Post edited by gitwitit101e on

Comments

• gitwitit101e
    edited March 2006
    Options
    I just changed the color of my 5b's to satin black and it looks professional, believe it or not. Krylon makes a spray paint named Fusion that is made for plastic and hard vinyl. The only prep you have to do is clean them. I used a pinesol water mix. If you take your time and mask the speaker really well it turns out good! The grain even raises. Trust me, it looks good!!!!!
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Hi, just a suggestion....keep all similar posts confined to one subject header. Each time someone responds it bumps it to the top. I think I've seen about 4 different "changing colors on my 5b's" posts. Sorry, but it's annoying. No need for multiple posts in new headers and no need to cross-post in other forums. Pick one and stickwitit. :D

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • gitwitit101e
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Thanks for the heads-up.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Maybe when they are all done drying, etc. you could post some pics. Be interesting to see how they turned out.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • gitwitit101e
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Coo'. They really turned out better than I expected. You will have to show me how to post pictures, but, I love to.