making custom box need help

Options
typerdc5
typerdc5 Posts: 2
edited March 2006 in Car Subwoofer Talk
ok well i have a 02 acura rsx and i want to build a box where my spare tire was i am planing on using 3/4" MDF i have 2 10" polk MM2104. I seen on the website that it's sayin that it needs 0.66 cu. ft. (18.69 liters) how do i find out how much like room i need for each box like in inches ?
Post edited by typerdc5 on

Comments

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited March 2006
    Options
    humm... try partsexpress.com, i think they have a calculator...

spare tire boxes are usually not actually boxes, they're fiberglass, to make better use of the space... if you're serious about doing it in the tire well, but don't feel you're up to the task, fabrication from a good audio shop will probably cost less than how much money you'll spend **** it up a few times before you get it right (speaking from experience!)
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Here is a link to MTX's website. They have a great tutorial on building a box and coming up with the proper sizes.

http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/education/enclosureConstruction.cfm
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • typerdc5
    typerdc5 Posts: 2
    edited March 2006
    Options
    k cool thanks guys