MMC6500 Help Please

atticus
atticus Posts: 1
edited March 2006 in Car Audio & Electronics
I just needed a bit of help regarding the wiring setup to my crossover for the MMC6500 components.

I drive a 2006 Toyota Tacoma double cab (4 doors). I will be installing these speakers in my front doors, in the factory location. Here is what I currently have installed:

Pioneer deh-p6700mp head unit
Polk MMC650s in rear doors
Infinity 310A Mono Sub Amp
Infinity Reference 1042w 10" Sub
Infinity 7541A 4 channel amp

I am not sure if any of this matters, but I listed it just in case. In my front doors, there are spots near the top of the doors for the tweeters. And of course, the speakers are down on the bottom. I opened up my door panel, and there are seperate sets of wires running from my head unit. One set of wires runs from my head unit to my tweeters, and one set runs from my head unit to the speakers down below.

My question is, do I connect both of these sets of wires to the inputs on my MMC6500 crossover? Or do I just connect one, and if so, which one? I am not bi-amping, I am just using a 4 channel amp to run my 4 speakers, one channel per speaker.

If anyone here can help answer my question, I will really appreciate it. Thanks.
Post edited by atticus on

Comments

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited March 2006
    Actually, you really don't want to use the stock wiring at all. You'll be running wire from the front channels of the amp to the MMC6500 xover, then two sets of wire from there to the tweet and mid. So you'll ignore the stock stuff altogether.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • zgw8
    zgw8 Posts: 78
    edited March 2006
    Yup - I totally re-wired my '05 Tacoma DC. The stock wiring is really funky. The 6500s are awesome. The tweeters mount in the stock location. I used the speaker spacers from www.tacotunes.com They are very nice and seal the door well. I would highly recommend deadening the doors with some fatmat. I used the "Rattletrap" product from www.fatmat.com It is really nice stuff. It is 80mils thick! Rewiring the truck is the way to go. You'll love the setup. Mine sounds incredible.