Need For Speed: Most Wanted

Shizelbs
Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
edited March 2006 in Video Games
Anyone else playing this?

Now this is a good game. Its fun. The difficulty increases at a nice rate. How can you not love racing awesome cars, running into and from the cops and looking at some very lovely ladies in bahkinis. I am very much enjoying this and recommend you all check it out. I am playing it on the 360, but I believe its available on the PS2 and original Xbox.

Learn about it.
Post edited by Shizelbs on

Comments

• Schris22
    Schris22 Posts: 983
    edited March 2006
    played it and beat it.

Then did some of the challenges half of them and found something else to play.

It's fun.

Chris
    Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR502-S
    DVD Player: Pioneer DV-578A-S
    Left and Right: R50
    Center: CS1
    Rear Center: R15
    Surrounds: R30
    Subwoofer: 10'' Dayton 100 Watt
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    edited March 2006
    I burnt a copy the other day...have not yet tried it out
  • *Seby*-Polk-
    *Seby*-Polk- Posts: 375
    edited March 2006
    I remember when bought my Panasonic 3DO in the 90's (i believe first 32-bit console???) with original Need For Speed. Amazing....incredible...played for hours, days, weeks, moths....Those graphics, definition ... outstanding !!! (for that times, obviously!!! :D)

Thanks Willow for remember this game :cool:
    My current new system (step by step :D)

A/V Receiver: YAMAHA RX-V657
    DVD Player: YAMAHA DVD-S657
    Main Towers: polkaudio® Monitor 50
    Wiring: NeoTecH KS1007 OFC High Definition Speaker Cable ( 2 x 2.64 mm² )
  • bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited March 2006
    Got through about the first 5 blacklist people, but then got tired of having to do increasingly more races and things like that. Although the difficulty went up, it just took a while to get to the next Blacklist races... seemed like busy work. Not a bad game, just got repetitive.

Anyway, switche over to Fight Night and I'm pretty much hooked. Next week I'll be getting Ghost Recon and then it'll be over... don't expect me to see the light of day for a while :)
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited March 2006
    Love the demo, I like running from the cops.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited March 2006
    The newest thing I have from the NFS series is Need For Speed: Underground. I had Need For Speed SE for the computer (probably about 8 years ago or so), and still have Need For Speed: High Stakes, Need For Speed: Porsche Unleased, and Need For Speed: Underground. I guess I'd say High Stakes is my favorite, but only because that was a few years ago when I actually had time to play. I found a way to copy my garage onto another card, when the car off that card, then sell it to get money, so I ended up with every car available, and all of them modded. I thoroughly loved that game. Had tons of fun with it.

Need For Speed: Porsche Unleased. I had a lot of fun with this one, too, actually. The graphics, as I recall, were a lot better, and the game play was great, too. It was neat to be able to drive old Porsches, and I also enjoyed the casual driving, though I forgot what it was called. It was a huge improvement over High Stakes (and the other racing games I had/have played) in that you could turn off on any road you saw. Nothing was off limits. That aspect was was nothing short of spectacular.

By the time I got Need For Speed: Underground, I had practically stopped playing video games, but I've probably put about four hours on it. Haven't made much progress, though the graphics are really good and the game play is good, too. Cool game, just don't have a lot of time to play it.

I hadn't even heard of this Need For Speed: Most Wanted. What's the driving force behind this edition?

And don't ask me why I just gave a review of all those editions of NFS...I just did, lol.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited March 2006
    i think NFS:MW is pretty cool... my roommate got it for PC, so naturally i played it through once... i thought the very beginning was kinda slow; corollas just don't do it for me...

coming up to the end, though, that was fun... porsche carrera gt, anyone? the physics were hardly realistic, but still a very cool car to drive...

i thought the ending was kind of dissappointing, though... spoiler warning for anyone that cares and couldn't see this coming from miles away... so the car you get at the end is nowhere near as cool as the carrera, what's the point of even finishing the game?

i say 7/10 for sit-down-and-play fun factor
    7/10 for graphics
    8/10 for advancement rate (not too fast, not too slow, but not quite perfect)
    8/10 overall

in this scale, a 10/10 is one of those games where you have to change your pants every time something cool happens...
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • Pablo
    Pablo Posts: 723
    edited March 2006
    I realy love this game (I was going to start a thread about it myself). The only other one I played was Underground 2, and bought this one because that one was so much fun. Underground 2 was much easier to beat (only up to black list #5 now). I'm considering xbox live beacuse of this one.

I just love the driving games. I have about 4 others (but MW is my favorite) If you like them a lot, try Forza. It's a racing simulator, so it's a lot different (cars don't handle nearly as well), but it's a lot of fun.
    Denon AVR-3803
    RTi-70 Fronts
    FXi-30 Surrounds
    RTi-38 Back Surrounds
    Csi-40 Center
    PSW350 Sub
    Panasonic PT-56WXF95 HDTVSamsung un60JS8000 SUHD
    Denon DVD-2910
    Xbox, Gamecube, PS2, PS3, PS4, xbox360, Wii, WiiU, n64
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,965
    edited March 2006
    I played this a few times...

And while I enjoyed the game...

I must say it got pretty old, very fast - I would much rather kill things.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited March 2006
    For as good of a game as it is, and its very good and fun, its terribly repetitive.
  • Modvlar
    Modvlar Posts: 51
    edited March 2006
    This is definitely a fun game when you're bored and need to waste just a small bit of time. The demo has enough of a good assortment that there feels no need to buy. Replaced solitare on my machine.
  • Mazeroth
    Mazeroth Posts: 1,585
    edited March 2006
    Yeah, it's a good game if you feel like sitting down and playing for 30 mins or so, but any more than that and I need to get up and take a break. It's the same thing over and over again, so I can only handle it in small bits and pieces.