DIY applying wood veneer to sub

Options
xfontanax
xfontanax Posts: 82
edited May 2002 in Speakers
Anyone have experience with applying wood veneer to a vinyl covered sub? Would it be easy or is it not worth the trouble?
I have a big black-colored sub, and I've often thought about applying some veneer or that piano black tape that polk uses on the LSI series. Does anyone know where to purchase the piano black surface?
Post edited by xfontanax on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    edited May 2002
    Options
    Originally posted by xfontanax
    Anyone have experience with applying wood veneer to a vinyl covered sub? Would it be easy or is it not worth the trouble?

I've been out of town, so sorry for the delay in responding. I'm a professional antique furniture restorer & I apply veneer almost daily. It's possible to apply wood veneer over vinyl, but if you don't know what you are doing then you should have a pro do it. Cost will depend on the amount & type of veneer you want. You can email me at jvrestore@aol.com if you have more questions. I'm not looking for any work here, just trying to be helpful.

F1nut out
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk