Can you still get Polk parts for SDA,SRS,M

Options
riglehart
riglehart Posts: 276
edited March 2006 in Vintage Speakers
I used to have some Polk SDA 2, but had to sell them after I got married. Now that I'm older, I yearn for my polks again. A pair of used Polks will stomp anything comparably priced today. If I pick up a set on ebay or somewhere, can I still get new parts for them if needed.

If I can, how much is a 6.5 driver and a tweeter? I bought a new driver once about 15 years ago for about $50.
Jolida Tube
Polk 11T, 7, 5, 5jr, 4
Standard equip not worth bragging about.
Post edited by riglehart on

Comments

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited February 2006
    Options
    tweeter replacements are $48 each, mention that you are a Club Polk member for that price... i'm not sure what else they stock still for the SDA's and any speakers that old. I just replaced all 8 tweeters in my SRS's with silk dome replacements.. you can do the math on that. ;)

Call customer service and find out for sure.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Welcome to Club Polk.

You may still purchase the main driver components, mid-bass and tweeters. The SDA cable may be available(Blade/Blade), depending on what model you purchase. The crossover, binding posts & wiring parts don't matter as they are easily replaceable thru other sources anyways.

No PR's, grill cloth, side panels, treelocks, end caps, terminal cups, stock binding posts, etc.

If you find a pair, you should buy them or set fire to yourself.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2006
    Options
    what's with the thumbs down??

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • riglehart
    edited February 2006
    Options
    I thought that was a question mark. But, now I see the question mark. Who did the icon, Rorschach?

Let me dry off behind my ears a little. Thanks.
    Jolida Tube
    Polk 11T, 7, 5, 5jr, 4
  • Rhombus
    Rhombus Posts: 13
    edited March 2006
    Options
    How do you order these replacment drivers? I've left a couple of emails with Polk support and received no answers. Or, must I make a phone call?
  • okiepolkie
    okiepolkie Posts: 2,258
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Calls are the best way to get ahold of them. Just make sure to mention that you are a Polk Club member for the price.
    Tschüss
    Zach
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited March 2006
    Options
    call customer support. they answer every time. ;)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2006
    Options
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Congrats riglehart on your new 2.3tls!! They look to be in excellent condition.

Where are you located?
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Welcome to Club Polk Riglehart! Newbies are welcomed and encouraged to join in on the fun. Join in on some of the conversations, tell us about your system and what you like to watch or listen to. The vast majority of people here are helpful and friendly. Ken Swauger at Polk Customer serive is friendly and helpful.
    Carl

• riglehart
    edited March 2006
    Options
    You are quite the detective Mr. Gardner. Yes, I am pretty pumped. I used to have SDA 2s, but sold them for baby shoes.

Now I need a decent receiver. Am leaning toward an NAD T763.
    Jolida Tube
    Polk 11T, 7, 5, 5jr, 4
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    edited March 2006
    Options
    You don't need wimpy receiver, you need a big balls amp.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dorokusai
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Is the B&K AVR317 a wimpy AVR? There is gear that doesn't support your comment.

You're a hardcore 2CH advocate, what exactly do you know about HT?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Ah, quit trying to pick a fight. I know enough to know that no common AVR/receiver will do them justice and that's all you need to know.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• TroyD
    edited March 2006
    Options
    While there are exceptions to every rule :rolleyes: ....if you are looking at just 2ch, used separates can offer exceptional bang/buck over most HT receivers.

BDT
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Just asking for a little clarity from the 2CH hounds.

Troy - Nice default answer.
  • TroyD
    edited March 2006
    Options
    It's not a default answer. In order to approach that level of performance in a receiver, you'd have to shell out some serious coinage. If the original poster is inquiring about receivers, something that I might consider common knowledge just might be something worth pointing out.

Of course, if recommending receivers that sell for the price of a used car is the order of the day just to be disagreeable for whatever reason, by all means, carry on.

BDT
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Whatever makes you comfortable is fine by me.
  • TroyD
    edited March 2006
    Options
    I'll sleep better knowing you approve. ;)

BDT