FS: Polk Audio XRT12 XM tuner

nadams
nadams Posts: 5,877
edited February 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Yes, this is the tuner I got at Polkfest. I wish I could keep it, but I need some money fast, and this has to be the first to go. I will only sell this to someone who was a member of the forum at the time of the Polkfest (9-16-05), and only to a member who doesn't already have one.

Price is $100. This is a NON-SIGNED tuner... repeat, no Matt Polk signature anywhere. I still have all the original packing and such... Buyer pays shipping.

No flames, please... I'm in a tough spot right now and am only selling because I need the money. I believe the price to be fair.

tn_med_100_1513.jpg

tn_med_100_1514.jpg

Thanks,

Noah
Ludicrous gibs!
Post edited by nadams on

Comments

• ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited February 2006
    I'm willing to help a member in need.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • nadams
    edited February 2006
    How gracious of you :D

PM me your details. How would you like to pay?
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,707
    edited February 2006
    If that doesn't work out, I'm also interested.
  • nadams
    edited February 2006
    Okay... you're on the list, William
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited February 2006
    Isn't that the tuner that Matt Polk handed to you personally with a tear of joy in his eye?
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited February 2006
    Sorry, just had to. Good on you for passing it on at a great price to a fellow polkie to enjoy!
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • ESavinon
    edited February 2006
    where in pa are you located?
    depending on your location i might pick up the xm tuna.

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • nadams
    edited February 2006
    esavinon- I am in Central PA. Bloomsburg, to be exact. Would Philadelphia be any closer to you? I have some relatives down there that I visit frequently on weekends... if it were closer maybe we could work something out there. They're in Aldan (suburbs of Philly), PA.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • nadams
    edited February 2006
    madmax wrote:
    Isn't that the tuner that Matt Polk handed to you personally with a tear of joy in his eye?
    madmax

Look who's talking, Maxi! :P
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • nadams
    edited February 2006
    Did the handoff with esavinon today. Really nice guy, great to talk to. My dad is always a little wary of having random people from the internet come to our house, so we met at a McDonalds off the highway. Nothing personal, esavinon. My dad said on the way home that you seemed like a really great guy. Anyone who takes a career in the Fire Dept in a major city like New York can't be all bad :)

Hopefully you enjoy the tuner, and if you have any problems with it, you know who to call!
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited February 2006
    nadams wrote:
    Hopefully you enjoy the tuner, and if you have any problems with it, you know who to call!
    Polk CS? ;)
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    edited February 2006
    nadams wrote:
    Did the handoff with esavinon today. Really nice guy, great to talk to. My dad is always a little wary of having random people from the internet come to our house, so we met at a McDonalds off the highway.

Don't blame you. That ESAVINON character has always struck me as being about as 'random' as they come. And from the Bronx as well??? Good move. :D
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • nadams
    edited February 2006
    brettw22 wrote:
    Polk CS? ;)

Well... i suppose that's an option too :D
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • nadams
    edited February 2006
    God, XM radio sucks so bad. I just called to try to disconnect the radio from my account. The first time, when the system went to transfer me to the que, I got disconnected. So I called again, and went through the whole menu option thing. You have to give it your phone number and ZIP code to verify the account, then tell it you want to disconnect a radio. I got transferred to a CS guy who, after giving him the account info again and the radio ID, told me that he could not disconnect the radio, and that I would have to be transferred to the disconnect department.

Unfortunately, he said, he was unable to transfer my call from his phone, so he gave me the direct number to call the disconnect department. I called the number, and got another automated system that put me into the que. got a little bit of hold music, then heard ringing on the other end (thinking "yaay! a real person). Ringing stopped.... line was silent. Then I got disconnected again. DAMN IT!

esavinon- you may get some free XM for a while until I can figure out how to get this thing disconnected....
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • ESavinon
    edited February 2006
    I just finished installing the xm tuna to my system.
    I sounds alot better than the vehicle based tuners out there.
    In regards to your father,He seemed to be a nice guy.I didn't take it personal not meeting you at your house. I also have a family and i'm also very protective of them.Great tuner i'm very happy with it.
    Thanks again to you and your father.

The SRT SEISMIC System:
  • ESavinon
    edited February 2006
    dragon1952 i invite you to come to THE BRONX.

I'm completely confident that you will not be abled to distinguish this underrated city from mainstream america. As a matter of fact,we have the distinction of winning the all america city award back in 1997.
    This is how much my favority borough in nyc has changed from the decrepit urban jungle it used to be back in the 70's.

Now if you mention brooklyn then ........ :p:D

The SRT SEISMIC System:
  • hydrobud
    hydrobud Posts: 155
    edited February 2006
    ESAVINON wrote:
    Now if you mention brooklyn then ........ :p:D

east new york ?.....oooof!!!!
  • hydrobud
    edited February 2006
    nadams wrote:
    God, XM radio sucks so bad
    !!!!!!!
  • ESavinon
    edited February 2006
    All i have to say about xm radio is that they're great.
    At least for me. Believe it or not as diverse as nyc is,When it comes to radio, hip hop,rap and r&b dominates here.
    there's not much in the way of variety here. there's only 2 stations for classical,1 station for classic rock and none for country. the rest is the aforementioned along with a few spanish stations.

The SRT SEISMIC System:
  • nadams
    edited February 2006
    hydrobud wrote:
    !!!!!!!

I meant, that their service sucks. Every time I've had to call them I've either gotten disconnected, or had to sit for 20 minutes on hold...
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • hydrobud
    edited February 2006
    nadams wrote:
    I meant, that their service sucks. Every time I've had to call them I've either gotten disconnected, or had to sit for 20 minutes on hold...

yes! that would suck.
  • ESavinon
    edited February 2006
    That's seems to be the norm these days. They don't want to lose your business so they'll make it hard on you to cancel your subscription. Not too different from the cable or phone companies.

The SRT SEISMIC System:
  • hydrobud
    edited February 2006
    the problem is a happy customer usually tells one person,but a unhappy customer will tell 5 or more people about their experience.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited February 2006
    ESAVINON wrote:
    Believe it or not as diverse as nyc is,When it comes to radio, hip hop,rap and r&b dominates here.
    there's not much in the way of variety here. there's only 2 stations for classical,1 station for classic rock and none for country. the rest is the aforementioned along with a few spanish stations.
    Wow. That is hard to believe, and a major bummer. Only one classic rock station? *ack* And NO country?! Man...that'd be horrible...no wonder it's such a weird place...:p
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited February 2006
    Ya ya ya........nothin good came of country music anyway.....
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited February 2006
    ESAVINON wrote:
    All i have to say about xm radio is that they're great.
    At least for me. Believe it or not as diverse as nyc is,When it comes to radio, hip hop,rap and r&b dominates here.

I'm in NYC frequently, and I love listening to 101.9. Great smooth, chill and classic jazz. I hear what you mean about the majority of NYC stations.

My hats off to a NYC fireman!!!! Godspeed and stay safe!
    Carl

• ESavinon
    edited February 2006
    I'm actually an Emergecy Medical Technician for the fire dept in ny.
    sorry for the confusion.

The SRT SEISMIC System:
  • ESavinon
    edited February 2006
    101.9 is one of the very few good radio station in nyc.
    I personally prefer the public radio station wnyc and the few independent college stations nearby.

The SRT SEISMIC System: