I finally get to talk to you again

skydeaner
skydeaner Posts: 187
edited February 2006 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hey everyone I am at my parents house and I finally get to post on here again. I have 4 ohm tweeters and they need to be about 2-3 db's lower than my woofers. They only get about 50 watts rms.... what kind of resistor should I get for this task? I haven't thought about electronics in a long time and I haven't talked to you in a long time so someone help me out. You guys are awesome, I can't wait until i can afford internet again. Anyways, thanks in advance and I'll get back to you guys
Fiberglass reminds me of peanut brittle, only fiberglass tastes better!
Post edited by skydeaner on

Comments

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited February 2006
    search for 'L-pad', that'll get you what you need... the 'passive crossover network designer.xls' or something like that is a decent xover excel spreadsheet...
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited February 2006
    agreed - an L-pad design is the only way to go unless you want to bi-amp... using a single resistor will NOT work.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited February 2006
    If youre bi-amping then you wouldnt need a resistor, you could adjust the tweeters output independantly.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D