Polk 15tl boxes...free

scottyf
scottyf Posts: 129
edited March 2007 in The Clubhouse
I found my old 15tl shipping boxes up in my dad's attic and thought maybe someone would like to have them.

Pay shipping and they are yours.

HOME: VPI Classic/Grado Reference Master, EVS-modified Oppo BP83, Bryston DAC, Counterpoint 3000/SA-100 modified by Alta Vista, Polk LSi15

TRUCK: Pioneer 8600MP, Soundstream 300SX, pr of Xtant 1001i, Autotek SS490.2, Polk SR6500, Polk MMC6500, pr of Polk MM2084DVC
Post edited by scottyf on

Comments

• ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited February 2006
    Do they come with the original speakers? :D:D
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • Skynut
    Skynut Posts: 2,967
    edited February 2006
    Thats funny, the original speakers.

This is a very nice jesture as some people really like to have all the original stuff that came with their components.
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Panamax 5510 power conditioner (for electronics)
    2 PSAudio UPC-200 power conditioners (for amps)
    Front L/R RT3000p (Bi-Wired)
    Center CS1000p (Bi-Wired) (under the television)
    Center RT2000p's (Bi-Wired) (on each side of the television)
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

www.ShadetreesMachineShop.com
    Thanks for looking
  • scottyf
    edited February 2006
    I held off today, but come Tuesday, they are going out for trash. If you want them, hollar!

HOME: VPI Classic/Grado Reference Master, EVS-modified Oppo BP83, Bryston DAC, Counterpoint 3000/SA-100 modified by Alta Vista, Polk LSi15

TRUCK: Pioneer 8600MP, Soundstream 300SX, pr of Xtant 1001i, Autotek SS490.2, Polk SR6500, Polk MMC6500, pr of Polk MM2084DVC
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited February 2006
    Pics? :) hehehe
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• scottyf
    edited February 2006
    Really? ;)

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited February 2006
    Somebody save these cartons and thanks to Scotty for offering them.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited February 2006
    Thanks scotty for offering... I don't think I'll ever be shipping my speaks tho... so they'd only collect dust. I plan on keeping my HT forever and ever and ever... ahem.. excuse me ;)
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• Skynut
    Skynut Posts: 2,967
    edited February 2006
    MrNightly wrote:
    Thanks scotty for offering... I don't think I'll ever be shipping my speaks tho... so they'd only collect dust. I plan on keeping my HT forever and ever and ever... ahem.. excuse me ;)

Never know when you will want to try something new and just store the old ones?
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Panamax 5510 power conditioner (for electronics)
    2 PSAudio UPC-200 power conditioners (for amps)
    Front L/R RT3000p (Bi-Wired)
    Center CS1000p (Bi-Wired) (under the television)
    Center RT2000p's (Bi-Wired) (on each side of the television)
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

www.ShadetreesMachineShop.com
    Thanks for looking
  • ESavinon
    edited February 2006
    I'll take them. I'm waiting for the 15tls to become available in my area.

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited February 2006
    Nice Gesture.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • scottyf
    edited February 2006
    Turns out, it was only a gesture.

Can you believe that it costs $40 to send just one of those boxes from San Antonio to New York via FedEX ground?!!!

I don't blame Esavinon for declining to pay this extortion to have "free" boxes sent to him. It looks like they are destined to go into the trash!

• F1nut
    edited February 2006
    It would cost more than that to buy new boxes and packing material.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ESavinon
    edited February 2006
    I understand that with the price of fuel being as high as it is that they would charge a premium but $40 for 1 empty box that weighs 11 lbs and just so happens to be oversized is simply outrageous.
    How can they justify such a high amount ???

The SRT SEISMIC System:
  • F1nut
    edited February 2006
    Have you checked into shipping them flat and the packing materials separately? Also, check with the USPS as they may be cheaper. Large cartons take up space in their trucks, hence the cost.

President of Club Polk

• hqdb
    hqdb Posts: 13
    edited March 2007
    If you still have them - Do you have a ship quote to 94561?
    Garage System - The only room where I can "Turn IT UP"

HK Receiver/CD Changer
    Polk SDA SRS2
    Polk RTA 15TL
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited March 2007
    I have 15TL cabinets with crossovers, and grills, no drivers if anyone needs them PM me
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • ESavinon
    edited March 2007
    I can use the crossovers...

The SRT SEISMIC System:
  • ben62670
    edited March 2007
    Pm?...
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited March 2007
    What happened to the drivers?
  • ben62670
    edited March 2007
    They are in a custom pair of SDA-SRS's :D
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Polk65
    edited March 2007
    I guess some people look at things differently. Pulling drivers from a functional pair of OOP speakers while Polk Audio still offers new MW6503's (with a Club Polk discount) is beyond my understanding. The irony is posting this in a thread where someone had enough interest in these speakers to offer up shipping the original boxes.
  • ben62670
    edited March 2007
    Well when you see my finished SDA-SRS's you will be singing a different tune.
    Piece by piece they are coming to a wonderful project. Local pickup+ a pair of monitor 4.6's, and a cs101 for $400 is cheaper than 4 10" PR's 8 MW6503's, 2 SL3000's, Denon reciever, and a generic DVD player. I gave the Denon to a friend who has no money, and the dvd player.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Polk65
    edited March 2007
    See? There's always a reason. Nice gesture for your friend. If you can save the cabs until Georgia's Polkfest, someone will take them home. How do you like the 4.6's ?
  • ben62670
    edited March 2007
    Polk65 wrote:
    See? There's always a reason. Nice gesture for your friend. If you can save the cabs until Georgia's Polkfest, someone will take them home. How do you like the 4.6's ?

The 4.6's amazed me for their size. Very punchy bass. Other than that they sounded just like my 5's.

Ben
    Thanks
    Ben