Satellite radio - which is more hits based

dnewhous
dnewhous Posts: 42
edited February 2006 in Car Audio & Electronics
This is a minor point since it doesn't reflect on the overall quality of the service, but a couple of people (or the same person twice) has stated on these boards that XM is more hits based than Sirius. To rebuke this nonsense I started a couple of polls.

http://www.siriusbackstage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29334&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

http://www.xm411.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=19599
Daniel L Newhouse
Post edited by dnewhous on

Comments

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited February 2006
    so far, it seems to be overwhelmingly 'sirius'... i've had both... on sirius, i only listened to one rock channel, and for many hours per day, but while i grew to recognise the songs there, they weren't what i'd call 'hit-based'... my selection has expanded considerably when i listen to xm, but i'd come to the same conclusion (except, of course, hit-based channels like XM Hits, 20 on 20, or XM Pops)...
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited February 2006
    When I listen to XM, I mostly listen to channel 46... Top Tracks. This is a collection of the top classic rock songs of the 60s and 70's, with NO DISCO. Anyway, out of all the good songs that were in the 60's and 70's... I tend to hear the same ones over and over again. Every once and a while they throw in something new, but it does seem to be fairly repetitive. Then again, it is "Top Tracks".
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited February 2006
    i have both, xm in my truck and sirius in the g/f's car, i prefer XM and also think it is more "hits" based.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited February 2006
    I have access to both XM and Sirius... I totally prefer XM. Easier to find the exact station, better song selections on the channels, and it seems, XM has most stations.

Just my .02
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier