13»

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited February 2006
    brettw22 wrote:
    Care to clarify this one?

I'd be happy to...
    ... and while you have the right to have a difference of opinion with me... you also have the right to be a **** sucker... you'd be surprised how close those two things actually are.

In this instance, my opinion finds its way asymptotically to fact. Sometimes rare as that may be, this time it is the case.

Put simply, to disagree with me is to ignore history, to ignore fat. That's half the problem.

The other half is this... and its really something that gets to me.

Now a days, everyone preaches acceptance of one another. I'm for that, accepting one's fellow man or woman. But that whole doctrine was made to encourage good people to get along with each other, not so that yuppies could pollute what is left of the intellectual wealth of america and then hide behind the shield of "you need to be accepting of my opinion".

I had a discussion with someone a month or so ago. This will show you exactly where I'm coming from.

We had talked about the "aura" and spirit of someone, this was in relation to psychics and that Silvia Brown lady that reads minds or whatever on Montel Williams - she'll tell you what your dead ex husband had for dinner or some stuff. (notice i'm not ripping her, just picking on her a little - she never gave me **** - yet - then agin i haven't met her). Anyway - I told my friend "Hey, they had her on Larry King Live, and Larry said to her that if she was a real psychic she could tell us where Osama Bin Laden is, cuz she's claiming to have predicted 9-11 and the Tsunami's and ****". And my friend said, "no, she has to sense your aura, your energy around your body in order to do it... every person has an aura".

I said, "aura my ****"

She said, "no they have these pictures that they take with like 'heat cameras' that show a glow around a person".

I said, "stupid, that's our body giving off heat... my engine will have an 'aura' way bigger than anything you seen off a human being if you take a picture of it with a camera or device like that".

She said, "well then engines have auras too".

I said, "its a hunk of steel"

she said, "so what, it came from something that was part of the earth."

at this point i declared to her something along the lines of, "look, don't be a fuckstick... these halo lines and **** seem almost holy because they're new to you, you odn't understand them... there was a time when fire and lightning were thought to be magic... but now we know through science that they're natural reactions. don't put added meaning into something where it should not exist."

she then retorted, "just because you don't beleive it doesn't mean it's not true... you can't prove i'm wrong."

and i said, "just because i can't prove you're an idiot doesn't mean you're not... just because i cna't prove OJ cut that ****'s head off doesn't mean he didn't... it's the weak of heart who go around preying on teh weak of mind by telling them lies backed by the notion of 'if you can't prove me wrong, i'm right'. how about you just prove yourself to be right... that would be much better."

and she's like, "oh ya, well hell you can't even prove we exist.. how do you know this isn't a dream".

at which point i went absolutely ballistic, went on a 40 minute tirade, made her cry, and such. it can be summed up with, "you have to assume some things are just true... you can't constantly use circular denial arguments... you can't just throw out ideas for the sake of throwing them out there... people need to live and need tomake choices, and in order to do so, they have to be able to use what they believe to be facts, not the diarrhea of the mouth that some of you modern day emo-punk-goth hippies have."

later she told me, "i always win arguments with other people, why can't i win one with you... i'd say almost anything just to win an argument with you." -- and i was like, "that's your problem... you'll say anything to win or to have it end, whereas i'll beat it to death on what i know is true... and that's not something that can be denied".

so...

for anybody who would like to "agree to disagree" with me.... you're a mental-masturbation, diarrhea of the mouth, **** sucker.

for anybody who would agree with me, or totally disagree and be stubborn to the bitter end for their own good reasons... that's cool.

just don't be a goddamn hippie.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,489
    edited February 2006
    in other words, be an individual- not a groupie.
    ok i got it.

You could tone down the language however. For my stubborn, own good reasons.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited February 2006
    unions are not crushing businesses... rather they are a scape goat that ill-managed companies are using as an excuse.

GM is blaming the UAW's healthcare plan for its downfall... however GM is run like a bunch of drunken sailors organizing a party on shore leave.

... i was born and will die a 'thug'
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited February 2006
    GM has more money and resources tied up in running the retirement and pension plans than they do in building cars and trucks! THATS why theyre circling the drain.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • aaharvel
    edited February 2006
    From a worker standpoint, I feel very bad. They're doing the best they can with the resources allocated to them by their idiotic, drunken superiors.

From a company standpoint, I can't wait until they go down. Ford too. And to a much lesser extent Chrysler.

sometimes it takes a fresh start from the ground up. Not corporate re-structuring every 3years.

fubared.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • SportsFan
    SportsFan Posts: 93
    edited February 2006
    MacLeod wrote:
    GM has more money and resources tied up in running the retirement and pension plans than they do in building cars and trucks! THATS why theyre circling the drain.
    True. And WHY do they have such outrageous "retirement and pension" plans? That's right, you guessed it.....
    '98 Honda Accord LX Sedan

Alpine CDA-9847
    Alpine MRP-F240

Polk Audio db1000
    Polk Audio db650
    Polk Audio db690

Sirius Starmate 4 Satellite Radio
    Beltronics Vector 995 Radar Detector
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited February 2006
    so how bout that satellite radio...
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited February 2006
    exalted512 wrote:
    so how bout that satellite radio...
    -Cody

Kinda like this thread; not worth it.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • SportsFan
    edited February 2006
    MacLeod wrote:
    Kinda like this thread; not worth it.
    LOL....I kinda thought the same thing yesterday, Mac, but evidently this thread is another Energizer bunny thread - it just keeps going, and going.....

It's definitely evolved into something completely different that what the thread starter intended, that's for sure.

Alpine CDA-9847
    Alpine MRP-F240

Polk Audio db1000
    Polk Audio db650
    Polk Audio db690

• aaharvel
    edited February 2006
    stick around Sport. Most of the threads do. For better OR worse.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

• kmartin971
    kmartin971 Posts: 236
    edited February 2006
    EOM :) Continue this BS on AOL!
    TV = WS65611
    Pre-Amp Onkyo 830
    Amp Aragon 2007
    Panamax 5510
    Towers = LSi25s
    Center = LSiC
    Side Rear (2) = LSiFX
    Rear (2) = LSiFX
    JBL S120P II
    Sony Upconverting DVD Player
    XBox
    XBox 360 (Wireless connection live and media center enabled)
    PS3
  • Red230SX
    Red230SX Posts: 211
    edited February 2006
    Boy this weather sucks... It went down to 3 degrees on Saturday.....

When is summer going to get here? I want to go boating damnit! :)
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited February 2006
    yea, weathers pretty bad here too. I'm actually having to wear a jacket and sometimes even a long-sleeved shirt!
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited February 2006
    hey - if GM wants to get rid of their "pension plan problems" - which if you really think about how much they waste you'd realize it's far from their biggest problem, it's just an easy scapegoat - all they would have to do is fire their current workforce and hire new employees.

if they didn't want to deal with the union, no problem, hire new employees after the current contract expires.

it's a choice.
  • HiPerf360
    HiPerf360 Posts: 436
    edited February 2006
    amulford wrote:

Sorry, but you are full of **** ****. I have worked both sides of the fence, pal. I know. I have worked on projects the scope of which you can't even comprehend. The proffessionalism I deal with is exemplary.

I never questioned your intelligence so don’t start talking down to me.

I am sure I have worked on some projects you couldn’t comprehend as well.

This will be my last post on this topic.

We might as well be discussing Rowe vs. Wade.
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited February 2006
    HiPerf360 wrote:
    I am sure I have worked on some projects you couldn’t comprehend as well.

Doubt it...
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited February 2006
    amulford wrote:
    Doubt it...

hahahaha...

i love it -- never surrender
  • HiPerf360
    HiPerf360 Posts: 436
    edited February 2006
    amulford wrote:
    Doubt it...

Awfully bold statement to make when you know nothing about me.

Your intellect is shining bright now.
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited February 2006
    Not really. I just know that I have been involved, at a fairly high level, of some very large scale and extremely complicated projects. I have had the responsibility overseeing either sizable portions of these projects or the entire scopes. What you may take as bold is my simply stating a matter of fact.

I seriously doubt you can faze me on a construction project. Simple as that. I have first hand knowledge and/or hands on experience from layout of the foundations to the calibration and loop check of the instrumentation, and everything in between.

Given you are a "construction company owner", who so boldly states:
    to tell you the truth I couldn’t be more proud to say I will not even deal with union subcontractors
    Just tells me that you are small scale. Don't be insulted, it's just a different animal.

As you have never met me nor dealt with me either, I find it amusing you are taking potshots at my intellect. But don't underestimate it.
    This will be my last post on this topic.

OK:rolleyes:
  • SportsFan
    edited February 2006
    OK, now can all agree that someone got the last word in, and that noone was successful at changing anyone's heart, soul or mind?

Geez...talk about forum board egos...all wanting the last word. The last word doesn't win an argument, it only shows that some grow bored with the topic before others, and that others may have an arrogance or pride about them that needs to be checked at the door. And I'm not referring specifically to you, amulford.....I'm referring to everybody, including myself. That's why I am not adding any comment here about this topic, but am simply saying CAN WE PLEASE LET THIS THREAD DIE NOW???

Alpine CDA-9847
    Alpine MRP-F240

Polk Audio db1000
    Polk Audio db650
    Polk Audio db690

• Red230SX
    edited February 2006
    This weather is crappy... Granted it's up to 48 degrees today but geez! C'mon
    summer....

:D
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited February 2006
    ah, it's gonna break 40 degrees here tomorrow... that means i can ride my bike without my knuckles locking up! yay!
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited February 2006
    awww i missed some fun... doesn't matter I have a bigger mantool anyways..

about this sat. radio thing.

I'm typing a paper for my final project in this english course i'm taking about it.

it's goooooooooooin downnnnnnnnnn
    cats.vans.bag...
  • Red230SX
    edited February 2006
    swerve wrote:

I'm typing a paper for my final project in this english course i'm taking about it.

I wish Cable TV would go down! (either price wise, or bankrupt...)
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited February 2006
    swerve wrote:

How so?
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited February 2006
    Put simply, to disagree with me is to ignore history, to ignore fat.

Classic! I don't think you're that fat. :)
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited February 2006
    I'm very fat.