Any Parrot Heads here?

Options
shack
shack Posts: 11,154
edited May 2002 in Music & Movies
I'll admit it...I have been a fan since I saw my first live Jimmy Buffett concert 25 years ago. I still go when one comes close (although Fins and Margaritaville for the 2000th time can get a little old I will never tire of Why Don't We Get Drunk And Screw - It's such a love song!).

His latest release (No - Not the 50th album of greatest hits ) is Far Side Of The World and is a departure of style for this aging beach rocker. Very mellow, introspective and a little dark at times with a lot of acoustic guitar. I guess when you get 50+ there are more things than party - drink - write a song - party - drink - sell a T-shirt - party - drink - and your mortality starts to creep in.

I think it is a well recorded CD that I like very much. Hardcore Parrot Heads will probably not like it since it is a departure from his norm. While I like all of the classic Buffett songs some of my favorites are some of the lesser known songs. I have all of the albums except the greatest hits (that would be a little redundant don't you think?) and this new one could be one one of my favorites.

aad.jpg
"Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson