Options
dkg999
dkg999 Posts: 5,647
edited February 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Yamaha AX-900U Integrated Amplifier

This is from when Yamaha still made real audio equipment! Specs are:
Min. RMS Output per Channel 20hz~20khz 0.005% THD 8ohm - 130W
0.008% THD 6 ohm - 150W
Dynamic Power Per Channel (by IHF Dynamic Headroom measuring method) 8 ohm/6ohm/4 ohm - 180W/240W/320W.

This amp has pre-out/main-in connections, both MC and MM phono input, CD Direct input, A/B speakers. I purchased it new with my SDA-2A's in 1987. It comes with original box, manual, paperwork. It is in excellent condition, only light scuffing on the top of the case, no scratches I can find .... except ...
the volume control knob has come unglued from the plastic part it mounts to, and has about a 1/2" scrape on the edge of it from an errant kids toy (and yes my daughter lived!). The volume control knob stays on and can be used, it's just loose, and a sharpie would take care of the scrape. I used this amp for a lot of years to drive my SDA-2A's, it's never been abused, never been over-heated. It does have the warm Yamaha sound.

I haven't seen very many of these up for sale. The last 3 on eBay all went north of $300. This is one of the better Yamaha integrateds from the 80's. This amp does weigh 40 lbs, so shipping will be a consideration. I'm looking for $200, and if we can't find a way to deliver in person we can discuss shipping expenses to your location.
DKG999
HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC