First post from my new laptop

exalted512
exalted512 Posts: 10,735
edited February 2006 in Car Audio & Electronics
I finally have my new laptop, got it yesterday and this is my first thread/post I've made from it. Just got my wireless network from the university working.

I love it, very compact, 14,1" widescreen(quite a bit bigger than I thought it would be).

Hard Drive 80GB 5400rpm Hard Drive
Memory 1GB Shared DDR2 SDRAM 2 Dimms
XPS M140 Intel® Pentium® M Processor 750 (1.86GHz/2MB Cache/533MHz FSB)

dvd burner...just the essentials:D

Im going to start ordering software tomorrow, since I can get microsoft office for like $15 through the university. Well, I got to go so I can get home and go to work...
-Cody
Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
Post edited by exalted512 on

Comments

• CrBoy
    CrBoy Posts: 580
    edited February 2006
    Congrats man!!!
    <|>
  • hellohello
    hellohello Posts: 428
    edited February 2006
    dude got himself a dell? nice.
    Picking ones nose signifies a strong sense of self discovery :)

System in the works: ;)
    PP 6V6 with 12ax7 pre ~ 20 watts
    15" Jensen MOD 8ohm ~ 97db SPL
    DiMarzio HS3 and/or Tone Zone S
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited February 2006
    Cool cool.....I've been using laptops for the past 10 years.......don't stay home long enough to warrant having a desktop. I've had Sony (NEVER again), Toshiba (few models and really liked them), and now the Fujitsu. The only reason I have the Fujitsu is because the "fullsize keyboard" of the Toshiba had the right-most 3-4" of the keys shrunken down a bit so I kept punching the 4 on the 10 key instead of enter......drove me nuts.

I've got a Fujitsu 17" Widescreen with dual 80GB drives and 2GB of memory and I think the same processor you have (at work right now and laptops at the hotel).

VERY nice price on the software. Do they give you a disc copy or is it strictly downloadable?
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited February 2006
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • exalted512
    edited February 2006
    its a disc copy. We get McAfee for free but its only downloadable. I love this thing though. Went to Best Buy and got a wireless mouse for it. I'm about to start playing with it. Ive gotten use to the keyboard already, Ive always hated laptop keyboards but now that ive typed on this one quite a bit im just as fast on it as i am on my desktop.

I have a question though, Im going to ask at the clubhouse too. My girlfriends router isnt wireless, do they make something thatll plug into one of the ports and send off a wireless signal or am i going to have to buy a wireless router. If I have to buy a wireless router im going to try and pick one up on ebay. I just got paid and actually have money to spend on anything I want. I finally have everything paid off as far as school and stuff goes...for the semester anyway. My g/f bought a couch the other day and said she wanted the little chair that went with it but couldnt afford it. I went by there and put that chair and a coffee table on layaway. Thats her b-day and christmas present for this year. 130 for the table and 380 for the seat. Shes moving into a new place in May so whenher couch gets delievered there so is the chair and table and she wont know anything about it. Her b-day is in Sept, so i think this is the farthest ahead Ive ever bought a birthday, muchless christmas present. So Ill only have to get her a couple small things for her b-day and christmas and save me some money. I'm about to buy Clifford's new alarm, I need to save up some money for the helix, then save up some money for my RF order. I think Ill probably do my RF order before the helix now, just because Im buying my power wire from RF. RF makes 2/0*evil laugh* So I cant spend too much money, I have about $300 left, so when the clifford alarm comes out ill be able to get it right away, then when i get my income tax back, i should be able to place my RF order...I need to have money for a new phone too...egh.
    time to get back to studying
    -Cody
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited February 2006
    ...umm, have I missed it...or have you yet to tell what laptop it is that you have...?
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • exalted512
    edited February 2006
    figured the XPS wouldve gave it away...its a dell
    -Cody
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited February 2006
    ...ahh, that's what skimming a post does for ya, I guess...:p

Glad you're liking it!
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • exalted512
    edited February 2006
    this wireless mouse is awesome, im moving it on my wrinkled up comforter and its going exactly where i want it to. Cool beans.
    -Cody