"The Truck"

VR3
VR3 Posts: 28,528
edited February 2006 in Car Audio & Electronics
In the dark! HAHAHA
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
Post edited by VR3 on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited February 2006
    Cool! I really like that older body style. Enjoy it bro, youll only have "your first car" once. Now the memories begin. ;)
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited February 2006
    Whats it got in it?
  • VR3
    edited February 2006
    As in...engine? 302
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2006
    Love it Trey! Great paint, great stance. Watch that back end, don't let it get away from you.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited February 2006
    Congrats Sid. I agree, the first one you will remember. For me a Ford Capri when they were still makng them in Germany (many years ago). Hot car until the North Americans started to make them and then it was downhill ALL the way.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited February 2006
    very cool,Sid..
    She looks to be in great shape...

Now the fun begins..!!
    soon you will be all over the Car Audio side..!!
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • VR3
    edited February 2006
    Thanks everyone...

I spent about 4 hours putting some finer touches on her (waxed it, waxed the hood and top twice! You can take a rag and throw it on the hood...itll start at one end and slide off on the other...hahaha) - polished the chrome, I need to get a rubbing compound though... I dont like the liquid, hard to scrub the junk off of it for that finer shine...

Cleaned the wheels, I scrubbed the white letters, but I need some actual white wall cleaner...

And I used that special substance for the interrior and exterrior that shall remain nameless!

The interrior is freaking SPOTLESS man... - Ill post some pics of it tommorow!

Car Audio.... Im looking into costs, etc - but Its not a big priority... I need to get new wind shield wipers... and floor mats before that lol
  • MacLeod
    edited February 2006
    {sniff} our little boy is all grown up. Wont be long til he's parked out in some field somewhere with some chick in the back. I remember that was the whole reason I started buying trucks. Hmmm....dont seem to remember too many nights out in the field. Anyways, here's to hoping you have better luck than I did! grinning-smiley-003.gif
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited February 2006
    Honest to God, don't use Armor All........it WILL speed up the cracking process in your car and do more damage than good.

Get Macguire's (sp?) which does the same thing but will not accelerate the cracking dash problem that plagues long term users of Armor All.
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • MacLeod
    edited February 2006
    Gotta disagree with ya on this one Brett. Ive been using ArmorAll for eons and have always had great luck out of it. I swear by the stuff.

• brettw22
    edited February 2006
    I killed a dash with the stuff, and have heard repeatedly that Macguire's is 10x a better product.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited February 2006
    Lookin' good, Sid! Oh, and I gotta agree...don't let that rear-end swing out on ya...too much! ;) Just make sure there aren't any fences around when you start playing around in it! :o
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited February 2006
    Just be sure to pack up a blanket for those intimate times with the honey in the bed. Nothing puts a damper on romance like chilly steel on a chick's ****. Another personal experience...
  • VR3
    edited February 2006
    Im staying out of the armor-all argument. Ive never seen a car with a cracked dash/vinyl due to it... and Ive been using it on multiple machines for the past 4 years - so...

Old habits, all that.

Armor-All only works if you keep using it, you cant use it once and quit...
  • MacLeod
    edited February 2006
    Meguiars is a much better product from what I understand. I see a lot more of it than anything else at car shows.

Meguiars website.

• brettw22
    edited February 2006
    I believe that it boils down to the fact that Meguiars is silicone free and Armor All is loaded with it.

It's like using chapstick.......every known someone that is ALWAYS using the stuff then as soon as they slow it down or stop their lips crack out? Same thing........
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited February 2006
    Great analogy.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited February 2006
    As in...engine? 302

A 302, with an "EFI" badge. Rice!

lol, just givin you a hard time.
  • VR3
    edited February 2006
    While I know I turned this thread into this direction....

I really hope this thread isnt completely turned into how a clean your vehicle debate...

I will post more pics tommorow when the sun is up...
  • RuSsMaN
    edited February 2006
    One word Trey - Flowmaster.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • PolkThug
    edited February 2006
    Nice ride! Looks like a good candidate for Polk My Ride: Episode 2.
  • PolkThug
    edited February 2006
    RuSsMaN wrote:
    One word Trey - Flowmaster.

heh, and don't forget the K&N air filter. :D
  • VR3
    edited February 2006
    Two Words Russ: Whats that? :)
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited February 2006
    loooking really good Trey. appears to be in great shape from what i can tell. how fun is that your first ride. I'll always remember mine too.

enjoy.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • PolkThug
    edited February 2006
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited February 2006
    what, flowmaster? i believe that's exhaust stuff, whilst k&n is air filters...
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • VR3
    edited February 2006
    This one has dual exhaust... Was added on in 2004...

More pics to come..........tommorow lol
  • PolkThug
    edited February 2006
    This one has dual exhaust... Was added on in 2004...

More pics to come..........tommorow lol

Get out there and take an engine pic before I pass out!!!!
  • RuSsMaN
    edited February 2006
    First order of business Trey, let the f$%ker breathe. Intake and exhaust. A high flow muffler (doesn't have to be loud), and a high flow air filter. You notice it immediately in the gas - both peddle and tank.

Stock systems are VERY restrictive, it the best bang for buck, saturday afternoon upgrade you can do.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited February 2006
    looks like a cool truck. be careful little buddy
    as Russ said, watch the **** end, very easy to lose in a pick up truck
    especially on slick wet surfaces.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites