Noob Question

chevyboy_0
chevyboy_0 Posts: 7
edited February 2006 in Car Audio & Electronics
hey I'm a noob here and was wonderin if anyone had Ideas on how too wire DB650s and DB690s in to a 1970 Chevelle SS
Post edited by chevyboy_0 on

Comments

• audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited February 2006
    Get some sweet souding dual exhaust, put double 4bbl carbs on a big engine, stuff some radical cams in there, and just ride around with your windows down! :D

But seriously, I would assume you'd have to wire all of it yourself.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited February 2006
    First off, great car.

Second, it depends. Basically you run the speaker wires from the head unit to the appropriate speaker.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited February 2006
    No, no, no. You've gotta get an amp between the HU and the speakers. :D

You really should start a separate thread about your Chevelle. I would LOVE to read about where/when you got it, what you've done to it, what kind of engine you've got in it, see pics of it, etc. Maybe keep it in the CA section, but you should start a thread on it!
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • Greg Peters
    Greg Peters Posts: 605
    edited February 2006
    You're best off running all new wire (nothing worse than chasing intermittant connections in the old ones when speakers start cutting in/out).

Pull it along bottom of inside of dash, down through kicks, under sill plates, behind quarter panel trim etc. to speaker locations.

I assume the db650s are going in the doors, so if the holes are already there, just run wire through the kick panels into door jam (through a grommet) near where the dome light pin switches are.

If you are running an amp, route your RCAs to amp (trunk??) down tranny tunnel under carpet, and then reverse routing for speaker wire from amp to speakers- just keep wires away from any factory or amp power wiring so as not to pick up electrical noise.

What kind of head unit? It makes a slight difference.