Honda Headlights.....

brettw22
brettw22 Posts: 7,624
edited February 2006 in Car Audio & Electronics
I don't know that there's a right forum to post this on because none of them have to do much with aftermarket like this.......anyway......

My headlight lenses are starting to cloud up and get to where they're inhibiting the lights from being as bright as they could. I've been looking at some aftermarket replacements, but I'm curious if any of y'all have had any experience with any particular brands of aftermarket lenses. OEM new is about $170 per side, and I'm a little leary of buying lenses off of crashed cars (broken/missing brackets, etc).

I do not want the cheesy looking Halo lights, and I don't know that Projector lights would work (do you need to upgrade a wiring harness to accomodate the power drain on those or no?).

Here are 2 that I found on Ebay as ones I kind of like.....

Crystal Diamond
Crystal Black
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
Post edited by brettw22 on

Comments

• 98thumpin
    98thumpin Posts: 649
    edited February 2006
    i used to work in an auto body shop for a nissan, jeep, and eagle dealership we also delt in a lot of used cars we had that problem many times what happens over time is the seal or rubber gasket begans to leak moisture into the lens and it cant get it out so when you get your new light to prevent it from happening again i would take a pice of tape put in in the bottem of the light and drill a hole with the smallest bit you can find be gentle dont force the drill it will act as a drain hole for the moisture to evap as your lights heat up.
    auto body tech
    John Tyler Birch

home audio system:

Denon avr-1907
    Sony dvd/cd changer 5 disc
    nakamichi BX-100 tape deck
    2 Polk Audio monitor 70's
    Velodyne DPS-12 subwoofer
    RCA TV
    NAK 600 tape deck
    Monster power line conditioning power center
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited February 2006
    those are pretty cool... search for your equivalent of these thingies, they're meant to improve the beam pattern but keep the look at or near stock...

as a temporary remedy, plastx by meguiar's might help with the cloudiness...
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • 98thumpin
    98thumpin Posts: 649
    edited February 2006
    i liked the look of them as well
    John Tyler Birch

home audio system:

Denon avr-1907
    Sony dvd/cd changer 5 disc
    nakamichi BX-100 tape deck
    2 Polk Audio monitor 70's
    Velodyne DPS-12 subwoofer
    RCA TV