Am I right?

Options
briancs
briancs Posts: 193
edited May 2002 in Car Audio & Electronics
Ok a general overview. Guy at work has 4 8" JL W3's in his extended cab. I have been wanting to do 4 10's in a single enclosure in my car. But finally I thought to face 2 forward and 2 rear do to size restrictions. Ok the dimensions would be 32w x 13h x 16d. Using .75" MDF and taking out .05 cubic feet per woofer. I come up with approximately 2.743 or .69(approximate again) cubic feet per speaker. The speakers would be GNX 104's And the amp a MTX Thunder8302 in stereo/ bridged i.e. each channel running two drivers. So according to MTX and basic math. I would get 106 watts per driver. Ok am I right in my box calculations? Would this work well with the drivers? Would it be heller loud? As always your help is very appreciated:D .
Thanks
Briancs
The guy with $40.00 mains and a $700.00 subwoofer.
Post edited by briancs on

Comments

• briancs
    edited May 2002
    Options
    Thanks Kim. I believe we came up with a different volume, because I deducted .05 cubic feet per woofer in order to get the calculation as close to "real world" as possible. Thanks again though.
  • briancs
    edited May 2002
    Options
    Ok I bow to you now. I am pretty sure I forgot to do that:rolleyes: . Are you just pointing out that you are THE car audio guru here?:D Just kidding