Sound Panels DIY

Options
fab5valentine
fab5valentine Posts: 84
edited February 2006 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
Hello,
Anyone have advice to tone down reflective noise in my HT rm. I like the idea of sound panels but would like to do something myself or invove the wife. Also, are there tests I need to do to determine the probem areas? I was just going to accent the large open wall spaces that I could.. Is the ceiling an issue, and can it also be utilized to dampen reflections..? Thank you! -Of coarse filling the area with stuff will help too.. I have big open spaces adjacent to my HT rm.
-fab5

Klipsch RB81's/RC62/RS52's
SVS PB12+/2
Denon 3808CI
Panasonic BD60
Toshiba 56MX195 1080p
Post edited by fab5valentine on

Comments

• amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Do a google on accoustic treatment. There is a ton of stuff out there on the subject.

Get your read on....
  • Pablo
    Pablo Posts: 723
    edited February 2006
    Options
    I was going to do the same thing, but didn't want the "sound room" look. I put a black carpet on the entire wall behind the TV and made some fabric pannels for the lower half of the stairway (my HT is in the basement). It sounds much better than it used to. I'm also planning on making a carpeted thing for the back wall. I was going to make a multi layered wavey thing that would take up the lower 3/4 of the wall. I was then going to print out some fish pictures and put velcro on the back so the kids can make a seascape. I won't be acoustically perfect, but will sound much better than the flat surfaces I used to have.
    Denon AVR-3803
    RTi-70 Fronts
    FXi-30 Surrounds
    RTi-38 Back Surrounds
    Csi-40 Center
    PSW350 Sub
    Panasonic PT-56WXF95 HDTVSamsung un60JS8000 SUHD
    Denon DVD-2910
    Xbox, Gamecube, PS2, PS3, PS4, xbox360, Wii, WiiU, n64
  • Mazeroth
    Mazeroth Posts: 1,585
    edited February 2006
    Options
    I'm glad you're looking into room treatment. After speakers, room treatment, in my opinion, is the next most important thing you can do to achieve audio nirvana.

Here's a link to some info on them:

http://home.comcast.net/~audio-worx/page2DIYpanels.html