1.2 tl's on ebay

Options
fshan
fshan Posts: 110
edited February 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5861465341&fromMakeTrack=true

Guy sold a hundred items for .99 cents. Now has 1.2 tl's in united kingdom for sell to any and all in U.S. only. Will sell it now to all comers and will ship it for 50 clams........what a shmuck.
Post edited by fshan on

Comments

• billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,195
    edited February 2006
    Options
    fshan wrote:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5861465341&fromMakeTrack=true

Guy sold a hundred items for .99 cents. Now has 1.2 tl's in united kingdom for sell to any and all in U.S. only. Will sell it now to all comers and will ship it for 50 clams........what a shmuck.

I've seen a slew of these lately. They are definitely scams and its not the actual seller. Its a fraudulent listing that the actual seller doesn't know about. Somebody probably phished their ID and Password and put this listing up without their knowledge.

Everytime you see one of these "contact me at _______@_____ to discuss a buy it now price", its a fraudulent listing. Most of the time they are removed within a day. Its funny that they fake seller actually has real looking pictures and descriptions, but most of the time when you look at the real seller's history, it doesn't make sense.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited February 2006
    Options
    :eek: Yep, look out :eek:
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • Graymane
    Graymane Posts: 92
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Just for giggles I emailed him and asked about the shipping and where they were shipping from. See if he replies.
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited February 2006
    Options
    dead giveaway...only accepts check or money order. i posted this auction in the other ebay thread but removed it because i don't want to see my polk folk get scammed. first glance it looked legit, but after a minute, chalked it up to fraud.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Yep, it now says the item is no longer available.
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • fshan
    edited February 2006
    Options
    yup, If he just coulda got 10 or 20 or 30 people to buy it now, he coulda made a killin....
    what a shmuck..............stupid if he thinks we're stupid.
  • fshan
    edited February 2006
    Options
    But if anyone in Europe wants a pair of 1.2 tl's, I will take 1500 and ship it free........
    Just need your credit card number......
  • Polkersince85
    Polkersince85 Posts: 2,883
    edited February 2006
    Options
    The smucks are running rampant right now. I was looking at an item last night, guy had 36 positives @ 100%. Looked at the feeedback and all the items were sold in the last 5 days to 12 different people, All of them with less than 5 feedbacks within the last month. Gotta be wary.
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<