Another ebay auction - How about this.....

2»

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2006
    Joe,

I'm not offended and after the better part of a decade on this forum, I'm not at all ignorant to who comes and goes on here.

EDIT: I don't care, you guys do what you want.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Loud & Clear
    Loud & Clear Posts: 1,538
    edited February 2006
    I like it when people post the way that I want them to. I don't like it when people post about items or topics that I don't have an interest in. Please take into consideration the latter of those two very important sentences when contemplating your next post. Understand that I want for you to make it here, because I think that you have potential. Don't disappoint me, I don't like disappointment.

By the way, does anyone have a carburator from a '71 Dodge Dart that they would like to sell me? If so, please respond to me in my next thread, where I'll attempt to sell the heating element from one of my toasters.

Two Channel Setup:

Speakers: Wharfedale Opus 2-3
    Integrated Amp: Krell S-300i
    DAC: Arcam irDac
    Source: iMac
    Remote Control: iPad Mini

3.2 Home Theater Setup:

Fronts: Klipsch RP-160M
    Center: Klipsch RP-160M
    Subwoofer: SVS PB12NSD (X 2)
    AVR: Yamaha Aventage RX-A2030
    Blu Ray: Sony BDP-S790
    TV Source: DirecTV Genie
  • BjornB17
    BjornB17 Posts: 752
    edited February 2006
    By the way, does anyone have a carburator from a '71 Dodge Dart that they would like to sell me?

Yep, i got one. Name your price :)
    KEF Q150 | Rythmik F12 | Yamaha Aventage RX-A780
  • Boredexec
    Boredexec Posts: 7
    edited February 2006
    OK - I realize that trying to sell all of these at the same time was a bad idea, but I have sold other systems in their entirety on ebay. Oh well. I will split them up now.
    2 pair of MINT maples, one pair of blacks, on with a blemish on corner on the rear end of the speaker. Also, the twin subs - PSW 250's. ( I know they are basic, but, believe it or not, run in stereo they actually sound decent. Solo they kinda blow, but you already know that. :D
    Let me know. Ken
  • surfsmelt
    surfsmelt Posts: 16
    edited February 2006
  • DiscoMike
    DiscoMike Posts: 114
    edited February 2006
    TroyD wrote:
    Yes, I'm all for helping out a fellow Polkie but, geeze, man, does that mean we have to spoon feed everyone?

BDT
    Polks taste delicious with forks and knives. Can someone please tell TroyD to hand over the A-1 Steak Sauce so that I pour it over the speaker grilles ?
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited February 2006
    Clearly that sense of humor you were looking to buy has not arrived yet...

Boredexec,
    Are you really going to sell them here now, since they did not sell on ebay? Or are you just fishing like you did last October?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,163
    edited February 2006
    Tour2ma wrote:
    Clearly that sense of humor you were looking to buy has not arrived yet...

Boredexec,
    Are you really going to sell them here now, since they did not sell on ebay? Or are you just fishing like you did last October?

He already sold the Black pair to somebody and wants $330 for each pair of Maples. I told him good luck.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • GregKurtz
    GregKurtz Posts: 9
    edited February 2006
    billbillw wrote:
    He already sold the Black pair to somebody and wants $330 for each pair of Maples. I told him good luck.
    Just curious. What are they worth?
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,163
    edited February 2006
    GregKurtz wrote:
    Just curious. What are they worth?
    Depends how bad you want them.

Maple's are pretty rare, but common black ones sell for $150-$250 all the time. He's probably not too far off on his price considering they are in (supposedly) perfect shape and he has original boxes.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited February 2006
    Tour2ma wrote:
    Boredexec,

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk