ocean's 11...

juice21
juice21 Posts: 1,866
edited May 2002 in Music & Movies
are you in? i am. just picked it up for $14.99 @ Circuit City. can't wait to get home and watch it (again)...:D
Post edited by juice21 on

Comments

• Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited May 2002
    Was it good? Most the reviews say no. Action, suspense, comedy...what type of movie?

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited May 2002
    Eh, it's OK. Lots of big names. Somewhat typical heist movie. It's just a fun movie, nothing more.

Aaron
  • nascarmann
    nascarmann Posts: 1,464
    edited May 2002
    Momma saw it on the big screen. I have seen it yet. She says it good and to get the DVD? That's all I have:lol:
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited May 2002
    Cmon, whats this a re-make of, I can't think of it.....

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • woodyjacobs
    woodyjacobs Posts: 706
    edited May 2002
    I thought it was a totally fun flick and plan on buying the DVD.

I did however catch the original on Encore the other night. Man, did that one blow. I wouldn't have thought a movie with the whole Rat Pack could suck so badly, but it was just laughable.
    system 1:
    Athena: AS-F1 mains, AS-C1 center, AS-B1 surrounds, AS-P400 sub, Yammie RXV-730, Rotel RB-976 driving front stage, Samsung BD3600 Blue Ray, Denon DVD2900 for sacd/cd , jbl n24awII on the deck, samsung 40" 1080p lcd

system 2:
    XBox 360 Spherex 5.1 system, HK DVD38, Phillips CDC 926 CD changer, Phillips 32" LCD

2 channel
    NAD 1600 pre, NAD 2400 THX amp, Phillips CDC 926, Linn extra speaks, crappy TT
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited May 2002
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN
    Cmon, whats this a re-make of, I can't think of it.....

Cheers,
    Russ

a remake of the old ocean's 11 with the rat pack.

i thought it was a great fun film. just well put together and very enjoyable to watch. nthing great or spectacular about it, just very enjoyable. watching it for the 3rd time last nite i still enjoyed it just as much, even knowing what's coming...
  • Ron-P
    edited May 2002
    This is one I doubt I'll even bother renting. It has a '0' appeal factor to me.

If...
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited May 2002
    Yeah, me too.

A goose-egg.

I liked the original... But only cause it's The Rat Pack just walking around being cool. (It's a lame flick, really.) But Frank... Frank's just cool.

I really have no desire to see remakes. They bore me. I like originals. The only remake I've seen that really was well done was the Pierce Brosnan version of THOMAS CROWN AFFAIR. I love Steve McQueen, but I had to admit they did a classy job of it.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • Ron-P
    edited May 2002
    The only remake I've seen that really was well done was the Pierce Brosnan version of THOMAS CROWN AFFAIR.
    Agreed, a very well done remake.

If...
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited May 2002
    Originally posted by Ron-P
    This is one I doubt I'll even bother renting. It has a '0' appeal factor to me.

Ron,

You won't like the cheap cardboard case on this one either