Drivers for sale

jcaut
jcaut Posts: 1,849
I have a few raw drivers for sale that I thought I'd offer here first. Prices I've listed are roughly half of retail, or what I've got in them. If you see something you want, post here or PM me and I'll work out a better deal if I can, as these are the prices I'll probably post elsewhere. I'm not really planning on posting pictures of all these, but I'll be glad to send pictures to those interested. Assume new and unused, unless I say otherwise. I didn't include shipping in these prices, but it will be my actual cost or less.

No particular order.

1 pair Vifa D25AG35-06 Aluminum dome tweeters. This is a highly regarded AL dome with a rear chamber for low Fs of 850Hz. 6 Ohm impedance, 90db/1W/1M. I personally like the sound of these, and I'm generally not too fond of metal domes. $30

Vifa 7" TC18 JBL buyout.**SOLD** These were PE# 299-493. Specs are still available on their website. Highish Qts, wants a sealed box or a big vented box. Nice woofer with a smooth response. I think one of these has been mounted, but not soldered or anything. Pair, $20.

Audax TM025F9 textile dome tweeter. These are very similar to the TM025F1, except the faceplate is truncated. Nice little neo tweeter. $25/pr.

HiVi B3N**SOLD**These really need a notch filter if you want to use them without a tweeter. Details on John Krutke's site, Zaphaudio.com. These came from John, and they have been mounted and used briefly. $10/pr.

PE Def-Tech buyout woofers, 299-706. These are nice little cast frame poly cone woofers. 4 Ohm impedance, and I think they're best used in pairs, wired in series. I bought a bunch and have used several, but still have too many spares. 4 drivers for $25

HiVi A2S I'm not sure what these are good for, but they're fun to play with. 2" with a response from about 150-18000Hz. Sensitivity is quite low, in the 70's. $10 or free to the first person who buys something else and asks for these.

12" "subwoofer" driver from an AR S12HO sub. This has a foam surround, stamped frame, inverted dustcap. I don't have the T/S handy, but I can measure them and provide this info. This is a single driver and it has been used. $10

Another single: 4" Tang Band W4-654S. Round stamped frame, black with black anodized AL phase plug. PE still has these, part number 264-816 for $17.07. $5 or free with purchase of something else.

I may have more, but this is all I can think of right now. Pictures/more info are available, just ask. I just didn't want to bother posting pictures if there's no interest.

Thanks,
Jason
Post edited by jcaut on

Comments

• phoneisbusy
    phoneisbusy Posts: 867
    edited January 2006
    Hi jcaut,

Interested in the HiVi B3Ns and maybe a pair of tweeters. Let me do some reading on the tweeters. Will pm you later to make arrangements?

regards

Dave
    Time is the best teacher. Unfortunately it kills all its students.
  • MSkeezer
    MSkeezer Posts: 1,183
    edited January 2006
    Hi can I get some pics of the 12 inch AR driver? Thanks.
  • jcaut
    edited January 2006
    No problem- I'm at work, though, so it may be after lunch today.

Thanks!
    Jason
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,966
    edited January 2006
    Are the DTs 6.5" or 5.25"?
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • jcaut
    edited January 2006
    Hey Trey, Sid, Vrmstx....whoever you are.. :D

They're 5.25" Cast magnesium basket, "homopolymer" cone. I think these are actually manufactured by Def-Tech... I think we talked about them before.

Here are a couple of pictures of the sub driver. It's nothing special: Coated paper cone, looks to me like a 1" VC, not overly big magnet but it does have a bumped back plate and a vented pole. The flash makes the cone/dustcap look a little more contrasty than they really do.

I measured the T/S parameters and came up with:

Fs 33Hz
    Qts .49
    Vas 5.28 cu.ft.

If you plug those into a modeling program, it looks like a strange driver to work with. Nevertheless, AR had it in approx 1.5 cu.ft. box, vented, and it sounded decent. Maybe some serious EQ'ing going on with the amp they were using. The amp gave out early and I dismantled the sub to use the box for something else.
  • phoneisbusy
    phoneisbusy Posts: 867
    edited March 2006
    Got the drivers today. Canada customs is all over the map when it comes to clearing parcels and passing them on to Canada Post. They cleared in Feb 25 and it just arrived today! :(

Anyways, well packed. Took me 5 mins to cut away all the foam and tape!

regards

Dave
    Time is the best teacher. Unfortunately it kills all its students.
  • jcaut
    edited March 2006
    Anyways, well packed. Took me 5 mins to cut away all the foam and tape!

Heh, heh:D

Glad they finally got there! Thanks, Dave!
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited March 2006
    Sid, did you pick up those DT drivers? Maybe you could make another set of enclosure but this time make them tripolar towers! :eek: :p
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520