problems with new amp

Options
dmac71
dmac71 Posts: 6
edited May 2002 in Car Audio & Electronics
ok i just got a new crossfire bmf 1000d to put on my momos but when i insert both rca's into the amp nothing happens.but when only one is in the momos knock. is this normal does it matter if both rca's are in or not.
thanks
dan
"Objects in mirror are more stable than they appear"
Post edited by dmac71 on

Comments

• Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited May 2002
    Options
    first off, make sure that you have the head unit set correctly.... in most decks you have to "turn on" the RCA sub outputs... this should do it, but other wise, inspect the physical cable and check for any cuts or kinks in the actual cabling. you may also want to check the ground wire on your amp as well as the remote wire.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • C-Man
    C-Man Posts: 307
    edited May 2002
    Options
    Odd, I have owned something like 6 decks in the last few years and I've never had to "turn on" my RCA's. I've had Alpine, JVC, Pioneer, Clarion, and Kenwood, (and a Rampage, but that doesn't really count)... Some times you have to switch your output from full range to subwoofer, but that's the closest I've ever come to having to turn on the RCA's. Weird.
    "The Big C"
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Polk Woodpecker Posts: 0
    edited May 2002
    Options
    There is a couple of things you can try. Try running another set of known good RCA's from the head unit to the amp without actually running them under the carpet. This will tell you if the cables are the culpret. You can also try locating a "tone generator". This is an electronic test device that puts out it's own signal. You can plug it right into the amp and see if the amp is working correctly. Let us know what you find.-Josh
  • dmac71
    dmac71 Posts: 6
    edited May 2002
    Options
    thanks everybody but it turns out it was just the rca cables i guess that they went bad i replaced my wal mart p.o.s. cables with nice stinger rca's hopefully they will last a little longer. thanks everyone for the help.-dan
    "Objects in mirror are more stable than they appear"