Great New CD - Vanessa Carlton

Options
BESKI64
BESKI64 Posts: 28
edited May 2002 in Music & Movies
Vanessa Carlton -New CD- "BE NOT NOBODY"

I just picked up this new CD (released 4/30/02) and I think it's really worth checking out. Vanessa is a 21 year old former ballerina turned piano player at the suggestion of her mother.

She has a great voice that's a cross between Alanis Morissette, Gwen Stefani, and Patty Smyth....and her music features plenty of piano. Some songs are slower, but others have a great beat and fast piano along with guitar, drums and at times an orchestra type sound. The current radio single is called "A Thousand Miles" that is getting a lot of play and she does an "interesting" cover of the Stones' "Paint It Black." NOTE: Although she is young, this is NOT Brittney Spears Bubble Gum Music!!!! (Check out other reviews on Amazon.com)

I saw this CD at both Wal-Mart and Circuit City on Saturday night....they both had a sticker price of $13.99, but in both stores the CD rang up at ONLY $7.99!!!! Not sure if this is a special promo price for a limited time, but since both stores had this sale, it can't be a coincidence!!! For $7.99, it's definately worth a listen.

Tom