Favorite cans for portable audio

Options
lancer
lancer Posts: 26
edited January 2006 in 2 Channel Audio
I have some Sennheiser HD570's and Akg 240 headphones but now that I'm getting into Mp3 players with smaller amps I would like to know what your favorite (high sensitivity) headphones are for low power audio. Please include models that fit in the ear cannal, ear buds and over the ear type that you like and why. I am using a Creative Labs Nano plus that souds ok with standard earbuds but most larger headphones are not sensitive enough to use and I haven't found alot of reviews on models with high sensitivity. Any ideas on what are the most popular models for small players. I'm not crazy about the ones that fit into your ear cannal but I'm open to suggestions. Low non boomy bass would be a plus. I would like to spend $25 to $150. Thanks
Post edited by lancer on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Progresso.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Check out head-fi.org, and consider Shures and Etymotics. You can find something great in your budget and the exact model may vary depending on whether you go used or new.