2»

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,840
    edited January 2006
    Options
    More a matter of what I hear.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited January 2006
    Options
    I think the caps are more important and have more impact than speaker cables for sure.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • OldSycamoreTree
    OldSycamoreTree Posts: 70
    edited January 2006
    Options
    How involved is the unsoldering/ soldering ?
    I have sda-1b or 1c studios (mw6509 drivers but black vinyl finish and no end caps on the speakers)

Is there a risk to the circuit boards with a novice trying to replace all the caps? thanks, Bernie
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited January 2006
    Options
    F1nut wrote:

Beings you created your own placebo effect, I have no doubt.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Quit poking the old dog with a stick.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Well he's just laying there....not sure if he's alive and I'm afraid to touch him.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • F1nut
    edited January 2006
    Options
    And what crossover have YOU actually upgraded? I'll tell you what, bring over your stock CRS+'s and we'll do a side by side.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dorokusai
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Monitor10's.
  • F1nut
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Very good, Solens? Bring over the CRS+'s.

President of Club Polk

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Sounds like a swell, happy fun time!
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited January 2006
    Options
    How involved is the unsoldering/ soldering ?
    I have sda-1b or 1c studios (mw6509 drivers but black vinyl finish and no end caps on the speakers)

Is there a risk to the circuit boards with a novice trying to replace all the caps? thanks, Bernie

I have not done this to mine yet. I did listen to a pair of SDA's which had it done. What it did was to remove a lot of noisy clutter. The speakers sounded much cleaner than they had previously. It was quite noticeable.
    I think most people could do it with some soldering practice.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2006
    Options
    F1nut wrote:
    Very good, Solens? Bring over the CRS+'s.

No, I used North Creek components. When I get some free time that sounds like a plan, you cooking?
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited January 2006
    Options
    That sound like a great match to watch...er...hear..

Too bad it's like 10 hours away..

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • F1nut
    edited January 2006
    Options
    I don't cook. The Thai place up the road is pretty damn good tho.

President of Club Polk

• Stew
    Stew Posts: 645
    edited January 2006
    Options
    madmax wrote:
    What it did was to remove a lot of noisy clutter. The speakers sounded much cleaner than they had previously. It was quite noticeable.
    I think most people could do it with some soldering practice.

Sure cleaned my 2B's up. I'm still amazed at how much more transparent they sound.
    I'm a novice at soldering. I used a 25 watt soldering iron and didn't have any problems.
    SDA 2B-TL (Sonicap/Solen/Mills, Erse Super Q, Rings, Spikes, No-Rez)
    1000VA Dreadnought
    Dared SL-2000a (Siemens & Halske TM 12AT7WA's, Brimar 5Z4G)
    Jolida JD-100a (Sylvania BP TM Gold Brand 5751's), NAD C275BEE, Blue Jeans

RTiA3, Onkyo TX-SR605
  • Stew
    Stew Posts: 645
    edited January 2006
    Options
    F1nut wrote:

F1 - I've enjoyed sharing your delusion :D
    SDA 2B-TL (Sonicap/Solen/Mills, Erse Super Q, Rings, Spikes, No-Rez)
    1000VA Dreadnought
    Dared SL-2000a (Siemens & Halske TM 12AT7WA's, Brimar 5Z4G)
    Jolida JD-100a (Sylvania BP TM Gold Brand 5751's), NAD C275BEE, Blue Jeans

RTiA3, Onkyo TX-SR605
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Cant tell you how many threads I have read where the modder said they really could not tell the difference or thought they might of heard a difference.

Its certainly not something high on the priority list, I have other fish to catch. My SDA-SRS already have incredible clarity depth soundstage yada yada yada. Maybe someday.

RT1