Mini Meet, McKinney TX - this Sat?

RuSsMaN
RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
edited January 2006 in Gatherings & Special Events
Jason (Jcaut) is driving in from the land of Klipsch to pick up his SRS 2's this Saturday. Local (and non) Polkies are welcome to show also. We plan on bullshitting for a couple/few hours, diggin' some tunes, and talking shop.

The more the merrier, post here if interested. Bring nothing but clean ears, and CD's - if I know a couple people are showing, I'll buy some suds, sodas, and sammiches. Super casual, as usual, and multiple high end rigs are already setup in separate listening rooms for you to get your groove on.

Directions / addy / contact info? Email or PM me.

Jason, go ahead and post here what (approx) time you plan to show up.

Cheers,
Russ
Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
Post edited by RuSsMaN on

Comments

• jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited January 2006
    Thanks Russ! I apologize for the fairly short notice, but the nature of my job limits my trip-planning somewhat.

I'm hoping to get on the road as early as possible Saturday morning. 5:00 AM is realistically about the best I'll do. Yahoo Maps says it's 291 miles and that it'll take 5.5 hours. I thought I made better time than that last time, but that works out to an average of 53 mph and I don't want any tickets from those grumpy Oklahoma cops...

So my ETA is approx 10:30 - 11:00AM. I should be able to hang around for a few hours, or until Russ is ready for me to leave. I need to try and get back home before real late, 'cause that 5.5 hours is a lot longer on the return trip.

I'm going to try to bring a couple of my DIY speakers along, if I have enough room. I've got nothing that's extraordinary- Just stuff I've built for fun. I'm looking forward to getting some "brutally honest" opinions on them... I guess :o... Yeah. Constructive criticism, right?

Thanks again, Russ! Waiting to pick those speakers up has been about to drive me crazy! I'm looking forward to it, and it would be great to see some of the other locals there, too.

Jason
  • RuSsMaN
    edited January 2006
    Locals, speak up. Sami, are you going to here to dig on the DQ10's?
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited January 2006
    RuSsMaN wrote:
    Locals, speak up. Sami, are you going to here to dig on the DQ10's?
    I wish I could but I have already plans for Saturday and the gf would not be happy if I cancelled. (EDIT: We might be done around noon so I possibly could make it later in the afternoon) :(

I could probably come tomorrow if you have time. Let me know when would be a good time for you.
  • jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited January 2006
    I made it safely back home with the SRS 2's. They're sitting just far enough inside to clear the door, 'cause that's as far as my wife was willing to carry her end :).

I want to give a big thanks to RuSsMaN, not only for setting me up with the SDA's, but for devoting basically the entire day to sitting around and visiting with me so I could listen to his CD's and gawk at his gear. It gave me some much-needed R&R (well, the 10+hours on the road was not exactly relaxing, but that's a minor point, in retrospect).

Russ has some fabulous-sounding rigs! And somebody needs to grab those Legacy Classics he has for sale: GREAT-sounding, full-range, high-end, no sub needed, music speakers. And they're not huge either, so they might have better SAF factor than, say, SRS 2's :D

My wife about fainted when she saw those in-person. And that was even before she helped me carry them inside. :)

Thanks again, Russ.

Jason
  • RuSsMaN
    edited January 2006
    My pleasure Jason, it was great to see you again, and get to listen to a couple of your DIY designs. I've been jamming the small shelf speakers all evening, I love it.

Cheers,
    Russ