Fire Sale - Rancho de Doro

dorokusai
dorokusai Posts: 25,573
edited January 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
This is just a loose listing of what I have on the move....more information and pictures later. These are my gems....it's simply time to move on. ALL gear has been cleaned with CAIG, treated with Pro-Gold and shipping is included within CONUS.

POLK AUDIO RTA-12C/ Upgrade - 8/10 - *SOLD-BMDP*
MINT condition, original boxes, upgraded tweeters. This is rated only due to age of the product. If you find a better pair, let me know. If you know me, this is the definitive RTA IMO, as it's the only real true RTA in the entire line. I've owned 6 pairs of RTA12's over the years, and it's time to let this one go.They were bought directly from an original owner in PA.

POLK AUDIO RTA-8T - 8/10 - *SOLD-BMDP*
MINT condition, original boxes. This is rated only due to age of the product. This pair was sourced via an estate sale and at the time of sale, factory taped up, and are essentially New In Box(NIB)...no **** on the condition. I, of course opened them to verify that they existed, and worked 100% but aside from that, they are pretty damn new. Upgraded tweeters available.

CAMBRIDGE AUDIO 640A(ZUR) - 9/10 - *NO SALE*
MINT condition, original boxes, original manuals and reviews. This is my computer rig IA, and it has served me well. The unit is classic British sound, and really sings with all kinds of speakers....namely Mission, KEF and EPOS. The best bang for the buck IA I've found in my travels aside from NAD.

ANTHEM PRE-2L/ MODIFIED BY GARY DODD - 9/10 - *SOLD-OHSKIGOD*
MINT condition, original boxes, original manuals and reviews. This was my longtime, original standard until I picked up pieces like the Dodd Audio ELP...MLP and a Cary SLP-2002(MOD). I had it modified by Gary Dodd, of Dodd Audio, and it's definetly above a few pre-amps I've heard in the 2K bracket....above the Cary you ask? No, just different. The Cary is warmer due to a different design and buffer stage, but the Anthem(MOD) is more accurate due to the upgrade and a huge bang for the buck starter tube pre-amp. I've played with tubes in the unit, and I'll include my pick of the litter, no charge. Beardog picked up my SLP-2002, PM him and ask if he enjoyed my tube picks....you should have alot of fun.

The modification is on the output stage only ala Sonicap. Gary is familiar with the design and felt it was the only noticeable upgrade to be done aside from tubes. Chris Johnson, the former SF guru goes further with some Kimber Kable internal wiring and a couple other little things in the also discontinued, SE version. I wouldn't expect any difference between the two as factory SE versions are typically feel good pieces. The main upgrade in anything is almost always the simplest.

SVS 25-31/PCi - 9/10- *SOLD-HAIMOC*
MINT condition, original boxes, original manuals and reviews. WAY too much SVS for my 2CH rig, simple enough. It's basically brand new, no defects and VERY LIGHTLY used. It has never been used regularly past 2 on the volume knob, as anything higher was too bloated for the 2CH rig. I've decided to downgrade for the time being. This is an awesome subwoofer for HT and musically, while I don't really believe in that ****, it blends very well with my current Magnepan rig. This unit will carry full warranty via original sales receipt. If you have any issues, just contact me and we'll work out the repair.

Phase Linear - RIG COMPLETE - 8/10 - *SOLD*-Tour2ma
This is a complete PL rig, to include a DRS-250 Integrated Amplifier, T5200 AM/FM Tuner and a PL9500 CD Player. This includes original user manuals, marketing information and warranty information for the IA and Tuner. The CDP includes a reproduction user manual, extra drive belt and is FREE in the rig. I'm including the CDP FREE, because of this simple fact. It's historical signifigance is that it is one of 3(three) first generation CDP's to be introduced to North America. It's based on a early Japanese, Kyocera unit...as in basically nothing but 1 BIT DAC...NOTHING ELSE, and it's a moody **** to try and use. When it works, it's pretty cool, as you will be listening to one of the first CDP's EVER....no ****. Anyways, the rest of the gear is 100% solid, and rare. Get some history.

SVS PB12/ISD - 9/10 - *SOLD TO BEEKYMAN*
MINT condition. This was one of the PIMP daddies before all the line changes occurred. I'm upgrading to the PB-ULTRA Piano Gloss. This subwoofer defines the class as a real bargain in the bonecrusher category. Just hear the "Darla" scene from Finding Nemo and you will become forever changed.
CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
Post edited by dorokusai on

Comments

• dorokusai
    edited January 2006
    I have received a bunch of PM's about the gear, stand by, as I've been sick since coming back from Vegas. I'll get photos and my prices up ASAP.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2006
    SVS - Haimoc, SinperRex, Gshisme, Criverajr

Anthem - Ohskigod, Jtgranby, Dagljam6, Audiobliss
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2006
    UPDATED...sorry forgot to remove my earlier header. Please feel free to post your thoughts and/or comments.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited January 2006
    What exactly are the mods on the Anthem?
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2006
    $100 worth of Sonicaps on the output stage and it was spec'd and benchtested by Gary.
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited January 2006
    What do you need for the SVS 25-31/PCi sans shipping?
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2006
    I never build shipping into the price of my FM advertisements. I'll drop it another $25 for local.
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited January 2006
    Just re-read the whole thread. Didn't realize you have four others in line for it, I'll wait 'til the dust settles. Didn't mean to offend you by asking about shipping.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    edited January 2006
    Doro,I also just noticed the "local" on the SVS,sorry man...
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2006
    Mike #1 - No offense taken, just stating a fact. There are some ppl that do....I don't.

Mike #2 - That's just a discount if you ARE local. I'll look up shipping for you.
  • gshisme
    gshisme Posts: 1,038
    edited January 2006
    Doro, sorry man. I'm out for the SVs. My bad, I didn't notice the local either.

Greg
    suds, suds and more suds!
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited January 2006
    I'll hang and wait to see what's up. You just posted prices, so some of the crew hasn't had a chance. If no one else wants them, I'll take the 2 pair of RTA's and the SVS 25-31/PCi.
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2006
    Haimoc has expressed alot of interest in the SVS, and he's local....but haven't heard back from him as of yet.

Greg - I changed how that reads....it CAN BE shipped. I was knocking off a couple dollars for those that are local, as it's simply more convenient and cheaper for me.
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2006
    I've uploaded pics of the items for sale. The RTA12C and RTA 8T will not be removed from the boxes for pictures. They are LOCAL only anyways, and if the buyer, which appears to be BMDP, wishes to inspect them, then we will explore that issue onsite.

I included a picture of the B&K 317 AVR....the B&K is on the chopping block, but I haven't secured a replacement yet. It is essentially an B&K AVR507, without the frontside input selection knob and one backside component input.

Internally, it is IDENTICAL to the AVR507. It's under warranty from the upgrade and is going to be $2100 shipped, original everything, including the updated AVR317 users manual. Retail on the AVR507 is $4K...used AVE is 2780 per Audiogon '05...unless you need that input, you're silly to pass this up.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited January 2006
    Badass.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2006
    TroyD wrote:
    Badass.

BDT

TY honcho :)
  • haimoc
    haimoc Posts: 1,030
    edited January 2006
    Doro, sent you a PM.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2006
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2006
    Demi- TY sir.

Haimoc - I will give you a ring tonight.

BMDP - I think the locals yokels have had enough time, if you want 'em, come and get 'em.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited January 2006
    That PL stack is calling me....

Must... resist...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2006
    Get it out of my house Bruce....my wife will send you a thank you card :) That IA is really strong.
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited January 2006
    dorokusai wrote:
    BMDP - I think the locals yokels have had enough time, if you want 'em, come and get 'em.
    Well, they had a chance.

PM me your phone number and I'll call and make arrangements for Saturday.
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2006
    Done.
  • criverajr
    criverajr Posts: 1,675
    edited January 2006
    Doro, Still interested the Sub if a local yocal doesn't bag it. Let me know. Shipped or pick up is OK.

CRj
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2006
    Roger that Carlos.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited January 2006
    whoops, nevermind
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • SniperREX
    SniperREX Posts: 930
    edited January 2006
    dorokusai wrote:
    SVS - Haimoc, SinperRex, Gshisme, Criverajr

Anthem - Ohskigod, Jtgranby, Dagljam6, Audiobliss

DOH I almost got it :( .

TVs: Samsung S95B 65" QD-OLED (den) and LG C2 42" OLED (office)
    Receiver: Denon AVR-X3700H (den) and Denon AVR-X2300W (den)
    SACD and DVD-A player: Oppo BDP-83
    Mains: Polk RTi8 (den) and Dali Ikon 8 (office)
    Center: Polk CSi5 (den) and Polk CSi3 (office)
    Surrounds: Polk FXi5 (den) and Velodyne surrounds (office)
    Sub: SVS PB-2000 (den) and PCi 16-46 (office)
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited January 2006
    That Phase rig is TIGHT. Talk about a collection of 'era' peices, a complete rig, you're DONE. BELT drive cd? Faaak. Someone should step up on that one.... BRUCE.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • haimoc
    haimoc Posts: 1,030
    edited January 2006
    Thanks, Doro, for the SVS sub and the good deal. :)
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2006
    It was very nice to meet you, keep in touch. :D