Fire Sale - Rancho de Audio

Options
RuSsMaN
RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
edited January 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Fire sale ladies and gents, buy, and buy often. Local demos / pickup welcomed and encouraged.

Item 1:

Legacy Classic Loudspeakers 9/10 MSRP $3700. 110lbs each. Oak finish, 6 driver, 4 way system. High end, full range, hardcore speakers. This IS high end. Detailed info HERE. Final Reduction $1400 local pickup only. Partial trades considered.

Item 2:

Dahlquist DQ-10 Loudspeakers 8/10. New grille cloth and woofer foam (1 year old), 5-way phased array in outstanding condition. Regnar factory crossover upgrades. Free matching DQ-1 Subwoofer included (seized - Seas replacement woofer is around $100 IIRC) Stand not included (Doro's) *SOLD SAMI*

Item 3:

Dynaco SCA-35 Integrated Tube Amplifier 8/10. Clean facia and top, brought up slowly on the variac, working fine. 17w/ch. Input tubes almost new, output tubes (4xEL84) should be replaced in the next few months. Legendary Dyna Iron. You can't touch a TUBE integrated, with this kind of Iron and Sound quality for 2 or 3 times the price. These are only increasing in value. Reduced $275 shipped.

Item 4:

Conrad Johnson Sonographe SA-120 Amplifier 9/10. Orig box, Sprague Orange Drop caps, 120w/ch. *SOLD TROY*

Item 5:

Aragon 2004 MKII Dual Mono Power Amplifier 9/10. Orig box, 100/ch cont @ 8, 200/ch cont @ 4. DEAD quiet, high current. Big, heavy, hardcore sand amp (common ground). Sell your NAD, Rotel, Adcom, Carver etc, and take a step UP. I've got this one on the amp-eating DQ-10's, and it's LOAFING. *SOLD SAMI*
Item 6:

DPA The Little Bit Three DAC 8/10. High end d/a from the early 90's. Optical and Coax inputs, dual 20 bit Crystal chips (IIRC). Rare sleeper find. Small dent on rear of case. *SOLD HTROOKIE*

Item 7:

Scott 299 Tube Integrated Amplifier 9/10. Show / Museum condition, just serviced. Gold tone facia, and wood cab are excellent. All Telefunken tube front end, 1 output tube is fading and should be replaced in the next couple of months (4xEL84). Vintage Scott is better than money in the bank, I **** you not. This one could be bought for investment purpose alone. Sell for $450 shipped.

Item 8:

KR Electronics Model 150 Remote Preamplifier 9/10. High end, minimalist, esoteric solid state line amplifier from the Czech Republic. This one will suprise you. Built like a brick shithouse. MSRP $1495. Sell for $450 shipped. Info HERE.

Stay tuned for more offerings, and pictures / further details. Please post interest here in this thread, or via email. As always, thanks for looking.

Cheers,
Russ
Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
Post edited by RuSsMaN on

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Sonographe is spoken for....

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • criverajr
    criverajr Posts: 1,675
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Polksters,

Looks like the "BOYS" have opened up the vault, to all newbies it doesn't get any better than this, keep it coming guys the wallet is about to open.

CRj
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited January 2006
    Options
    I'll take the DAC...

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited January 2006
    Options
    criverajr wrote:
    Polksters,

Looks like the "BOYS" have opened up the vault, to all newbies it doesn't get any better than this, keep it coming guys the wallwt is about to open.

CRj

I'd like to change that to, to all the newbies... BACK OFF OR I'LL KICK YER ARSE!

I mean... um
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • RuSsMaN
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Sami, got your msg, will have pics of the DQ's tonight.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • capecodder
    capecodder Posts: 613
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Questions on the Scott, PM sent.

Nice assortment of equipment.
  • fredv
    fredv Posts: 923
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Hi Russ,

Does the Scott 299D use EL84? I think it uses 7591's. Is it a typo?

-fredv-
  • RuSsMaN
    edited January 2006
    Options
    I'll have to look again when I get home for the B,C,D designation, I'm thinking it's a C. It does have EL84's (gold pin Mullards), not 7591's. I've had so many Scott 99D mono's, I probably just had a brain ****.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited January 2006
    Options
    All of that looks awesome! I'm trying to pull up info on the KR preamp online...
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • fredv
    fredv Posts: 923
    edited January 2006
    Options
    It must be the 'A' or the 'B'. Folks, this is very sweet sounding. For such conidtion, the price is a steal. If I don't already own 2 EL84's amps, I would have jumped on these in no time.

-fredv-
  • RuSsMaN
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Taking pictures shortly. I just looked at the Scott, and I can't find a 'letter' designation anywhere, just '299'.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Russ..I still want the DAC..... check your PM's.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • RuSsMaN
    edited January 2006
    Options
    I've got you on the DAC broham, knock $30 off for the 'dent' in the rear as photographed. I've owned the **** for almost 3 years, and didn't notice until I looked at the picture.

Pictures updated, everything here will still be available to Polk members, but will all be listed on Audiogon (at higher prices) by this weekend. Additionally, I like to have my money yesterday, as everyone does, but if there is something you really want, you need to speak up, and perhaps we can put you on a coupon book.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited January 2006
    Options
    free bump

:)
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • HiPerf360
    HiPerf360 Posts: 436
    edited January 2006
    Options
    What parts of North Texas?
  • RuSsMaN
    edited January 2006
    Options
    McKinney.

Sami, check the thread under Meets and Gatherings - Saturday is probably going to be my best day.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Posted a couple price reductions. Everything here goes public on Sunday the 15th, look for another 'batch' coming soon.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited January 2006
    Options
    How is that Aragon amp still here? Completely insane.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,501
    edited January 2006
    Options
    dorokusai wrote:
    How is that Aragon amp still here? Completely insane.

surprised myself, I almost wish I needed an amp, but kerplunking cash on a pre is all I got room for :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • TroyD
    edited January 2006
    Options
    I know....I'm racking my brains to figger how I can squeeze out a few more coins.

Hell, that Dynaco? Hi Fidelity on the CHEAP.

BDT
  • RuSsMaN
    edited January 2006
    Options
    F the Dynaco, did you see how clean that Scott is?
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2006
    Options
    That Scott is tight. If they only knew how much time it takes to clean one of those units let alone have it ready for consumption.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • TroyD
    edited January 2006
    Options
    I was just giving a f'rinstance.

ALL the gear is tight. Hell, 300 for a pair of DQ-10's? You could spend 5 times that and get worse sound.

BDT
  • unc2701
    unc2701 Posts: 3,587
    edited January 2006
    Options
    damn, the aragon is still around? starting to get tempted.
    Gallo Ref 3.1 : Bryston 4b SST : Musical fidelity CD Pre : VPI HW-19
    Gallo Ref AV, Frankengallo Ref 3, LC60i : Bryston 9b SST : Meridian 565
    Jordan JX92s : MF X-T100 : Xray v8
    Backburner:Krell KAV-300i
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Love the vent notch in the top of the Aragon.

Russ,
    On the rear of the Scott are those ground straps jumpering externally to the Speaker terminals?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • RuSsMaN
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Those are your impedance selectors. 4, 8, 16 - place them on the appropriate post, connect speakers to 'Common' and 'High' only.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • RuSsMaN
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Thanks for stopping by Sami, and closing escrow on a DQ10/Aragon package deal....

THAT is the foundation of his BEDROOM rig, hardcore.
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2006
    Options
    DQ10's AND some hardcore Aragon power?! Uh, yea, no issues with efficiency now....excellent grab Sami.

The DQ10 is one speaker that continues to amaze the newbies and oldies to audio....I'm very happy to own a pair....perhaps I should get on that restoration project....hmmmm.
  • TroyD
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Yup, SMART grab. That's high tone, there.

I wish I had the real estate to set up a pair of DQ-10's......

BDT
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited January 2006
    Options
    DQ10s are like chubby chicks, I like'em best when clothed or naked in a really dark room. :D
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable