Does no one read the garage sale?

skydeaner
skydeaner Posts: 187
edited January 2006 in Car Audio & Electronics
Does no one read the garage sale section, I thought that 2 db124's with 2 year warranties on them was a good deal at 100 + shipping :confused: Maybe you guys are all as broke as me after christmas...
Fiberglass reminds me of peanut brittle, only fiberglass tastes better!
Post edited by skydeaner on

Comments

• audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited January 2006
    No. :D

I actually don't, but that does sound like a pretty good deal to me.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • skydeaner
    edited January 2006
    If no one wants to buy them or my amp, I am taking donations to help me pay rent this month because me and my wife both worked at the same place and got layed off at the same time. Or if you guys live near indy and know somewhere to get a job... I have applied everywhere but it is really tough right after christmas season, seems like no one is hiring.
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited January 2006
    Sorry to hear of your troubles, skydeaner... I was, and still am, interested in that amp, but I've got my own bills to pay before I can spring for it. If I could help you out, I really would, but it just ain't happening right now...

I hope everything turns out okay for you. Hate to see someone forced to pawn off their gear :(
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • skydeaner
    edited January 2006
    Yeah this is the second system in this car I've had to pawn off... makes me wanna cry honestly. I was really pleased with this one too as far as sq goes. I guess instead of putting a system in it again i'll just save up that money incase something like this happens again.
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited January 2006
    Yeah, I'm learning that it's a good idea to keep some $$ in the bank for the unexpected. I've been living month-to-month on my bills due to a love of new toys (and only having a part-time job to fund them), but when the unexpected happens, like my truck needs new rear break lines, I end up having to open another line of credit through the garage to get the work done... *sigh*

That's why I'm keeping myself from buying that amp. I wish we could all live strictly on the barter system :p
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • cam5860
    cam5860 Posts: 632
    edited January 2006
    Skydeaner you will sell your stuff most likely but it takes time. I have had good luck selling stuff on here. But sometimes it takes a month or so to get a offer just depends.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited January 2006
    skydeaner wrote:
    If no one wants to buy them or my amp, I am taking donations to help me pay rent this month because me and my wife both worked at the same place and got layed off at the same time. Or if you guys live near indy and know somewhere to get a job... I have applied everywhere but it is really tough right after christmas season, seems like no one is hiring.

sorry to hear about you and your wife both being laid off. but can you collect unemployment till you find something. My friend was laid off last July. He just found a part time job in Dec. He collected unemployment till then. it helped keep him afloat on bills and gas money. do check it out. that's what it's there for.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • SportsFan
    SportsFan Posts: 93
    edited January 2006
    nadams wrote:
    Yeah, I'm learning that it's a good idea to keep some $$ in the bank for the unexpected.
    That's actually a very good idea for anyone. A good book to buy and read is Financial Peace by Dave Ramsey. He hosts a syndicated AM radio talk show based out of Nashville, TN, and is a very good financial counselor. One of his "golden rules" is to establish and keep a $1,000 "emergency fund" (savings account) in the bank, just for the unexpected tough times and financial roadblocks (i.e. - LIFE) that people run in to.....
    '98 Honda Accord LX Sedan

Alpine CDA-9847
    Alpine MRP-F240

Polk Audio db1000
    Polk Audio db650
    Polk Audio db690

Sirius Starmate 4 Satellite Radio
    Beltronics Vector 995 Radar Detector
  • skydeaner
    edited January 2006
    We haven't lived in indiana for 6 months yet so we can't collect unemployment.. we're really gettin shafted.
  • SportsFan
    SportsFan Posts: 93
    edited January 2006
    skydeaner,

I know some people that live in Indianapolis, and I used to live there in the early 90's (Greenwood), so while I don't know for sure if I can help or not...it would help me if I knew what kind of work you or your wife are looking for. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you'd rather not discuss that publicly :) ....
    '98 Honda Accord LX Sedan

Alpine CDA-9847
    Alpine MRP-F240

Polk Audio db1000
    Polk Audio db650
    Polk Audio db690

Sirius Starmate 4 Satellite Radio
    Beltronics Vector 995 Radar Detector