Tripp Lite isotel

Options
jfb4548
jfb4548 Posts: 168
edited January 2006 in 2 Channel Audio
I have several differant Tripp Lite Power Protections / Surge Suppressors not being use at work so I thought I might take um home and protect my audio equpt. Are these type of units enough to run audio stuff and not effect the sound in a bad way? They are both rated with a "full load draw" of 12 amps or 1440 watts. My thinking was to use one for my ELP, Jolida and V10X3 tube buffer and the other for my Mc 7270 power amp. Am I crazy to do this?

Thanks as always!
John

The model # is ISOTEL 6 ULTRA if that helps!!
Post edited by jfb4548 on

Comments

• Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited January 2006
    Options
    If this is the "isobar" variety (isolated filtering), then go for it. I have two of 'em. Works as well as my $500 Monster Power Center.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,834
    edited January 2006
    Options
    You'll need to find out what the max. amp draw is on your amp, the rest of your stuff shouldn't be a problem.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• jfb4548
    jfb4548 Posts: 168
    edited January 2006
    Options
    F1nut wrote:
    You'll need to find out what the max. amp draw is on your amp, the rest of your stuff shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks guys! You ROCK!