MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • Skynut
    Skynut Posts: 2,967
    edited January 2006
    Options
    BIZILL wrote:
    zimbabwe

We could listen to the clicking noises they make as a native language.
    Crank up the tubes and some clicking noises and compare cable A with cable B.

VEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGASVEGAS
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Panamax 5510 power conditioner (for electronics)
    2 PSAudio UPC-200 power conditioners (for amps)
    Front L/R RT3000p (Bi-Wired)
    Center CS1000p (Bi-Wired) (under the television)
    Center RT2000p's (Bi-Wired) (on each side of the television)
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

www.ShadetreesMachineShop.com
    Thanks for looking
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited January 2006
    Options
    are you referring to the clicking noises portrayed in SOUTH PARK? nah, that was ethiopia. starvin' marvin'. :rolleyes:

we west-coasters will once again get **** outta our chance. does polk audio not have any west coast operations?

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • Skynut
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Ooooops my bad.

I will never be able to attend if it doesn't get closer, I have too much on my wish list to afford to travel.
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

Thanks for looking
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited January 2006
    Options
    BIZILL wrote:
    we west-coasters will once again get **** outta our chance. does polk audio not have any west coast operations?
    You can meet at the warehouse and read the Chinese on the shipping crates.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Let me see if I can clear this up...

No one gets eff'd out of anything. If y'all want to throw a Polkfest, then do it. It would be nice if it did not conflict with Octoberfest SC II, but other than that...

As for official Polk participation, it was not always that way. The first was a small gathering in Austin... half dozen or so and little if anything sponsor-wise.

Then RuSsMan threw one and attendance grew a bit, but not alot, and Polk sent some small logo bits and happened to have an executive, Stu, traveling who laid over in Dallas and dropped by.

Then Troy's SC I got pretty big, so Polk sent Paul and Al and more giveaway stuff.

And then there was MD Fest at HQ...

So quit bitching and start planning. Plant some seeds and maybe in a year or two you'll have something. The Midlands and East Coast do, because some folks have worked pretty hard to make it happen.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Tour2ma wrote:
    So quit bitching and start planning. Plant some seeds and maybe in a year or two you'll have something. The Midlands and East Coast do, because some folks have worked pretty hard to make it happen.

I actually am planning PF 2007 in Joisey here at Swan Lake Farm. I've got some room, and accomodations are within 10 minutes. The Airport is right across the river.

I 'm thinking summer. The pool will be open. The fish will be bitin. The hog will be roastin. And of course, the tunes will be kickin. ;)
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited January 2006
    Options
    I'm coming with a TON of fireworks.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Hell, if you were doing something in Southern Jersey, I might be able to get my bro to come along, who is a licensed pyrotechnician... He'd put you on a real show. But I dunno what your regulations are "over there".
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • amulford
    edited January 2006
    Options
    TroyD wrote:
    I'm coming with a TON of fireworks.

BDT

Coolness. I think it would be fair for what I did and FOR WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO RECEIVE!!! :D

Just kidding, of course.
  • amulford
    edited January 2006
    Options
    nadams wrote:
    Hell, if you were doing something in Southern Jersey, I might be able to get my bro to come along, who is a licensed pyrotechnician... He'd put you on a real show. But I dunno what your regulations are "over there".

Bring him, brotha. I am really leaning for the Fourth of July. You don't have to worry about "regulations". I have the perfect set up and cool neighbors. :cool:
  • joeparaski
    joeparaski Posts: 1,865
    edited January 2006
    Options
    This Polkfest sounds intersting. Who is invited? Is it "open" to all forum members or is it a select group of regulars?
    Amplifiers: 1-SAE Mark IV, 4-SAE 2400, 1-SAE 2500, 2-SAE 2600, 1-Buttkicker BKA 1000N w/2-tactile transducers. Sources: Sony BDP CX7000es, Sony CX300/CX400/CX450/CX455, SAE 8000 tuner, Akai 4000D R2R, Technics 1100A TT, Epson 8500UB with Carada 100". Speakers:Polk SDA SRS, 3.1TL, FXi5, FXi3, 2-SVS 20-29, Yamaha, SVS center sub. Power:2-Monster HTS3500, Furman M-8D & RR16 Plus. 2-SAE 4000 X-overs, SAE 5000a noise reduction, MSB Link DAC III, MSB Powerbase, Behringer 2496, Monarchy DIP 24/96.
  • amulford
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Everybody, man.
  • joeparaski
    edited January 2006
    Options
    That's cool! From reading the posts here, it looks like some people have held this meeting in their private homes. How many people have shown up at these events?
    Amplifiers: 1-SAE Mark IV, 4-SAE 2400, 1-SAE 2500, 2-SAE 2600, 1-Buttkicker BKA 1000N w/2-tactile transducers. Sources: Sony BDP CX7000es, Sony CX300/CX400/CX450/CX455, SAE 8000 tuner, Akai 4000D R2R, Technics 1100A TT, Epson 8500UB with Carada 100". Speakers:Polk SDA SRS, 3.1TL, FXi5, FXi3, 2-SVS 20-29, Yamaha, SVS center sub. Power:2-Monster HTS3500, Furman M-8D & RR16 Plus. 2-SAE 4000 X-overs, SAE 5000a noise reduction, MSB Link DAC III, MSB Powerbase, Behringer 2496, Monarchy DIP 24/96.
  • Tour2ma
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Not sure what the MD nose count was, but SC got into te 20's at its peak...

Bring your passport and some loonies and come on down.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited January 2006
    Options
    amulford wrote:
    Bring him, brotha. I am really leaning for the Fourth of July. You don't have to worry about "regulations". I have the perfect set up and cool neighbors. :cool:

if it's too close to the 4th, he'll be busy. He does quite a few shows around the 4th, obviously.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • joeparaski
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Tour2ma wrote:
    Not sure what the MD nose count was, but SC got into te 20's at its peak...

Bring your passport and some loonies and come on down.

Yep, depending on when and where...I'll be there. It would be nice to meet some of you guys (and gals).
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Tour2ma wrote:
    Let me see if I can clear this up...

No one gets eff'd out of anything. If y'all want to throw a Polkfest, then do it. It would be nice if it did not conflict with Octoberfest SC II, but other than that...

As for official Polk participation, it was not always that way. The first was a small gathering in Austin... half dozen or so and little if anything sponsor-wise.

Then RuSsMan threw one and attendance grew a bit, but not alot, and Polk sent some small logo bits and happened to have an executive, Stu, traveling who laid over in Dallas and dropped by.

Then Troy's SC I got pretty big, so Polk sent Paul and Al and more giveaway stuff.

And then there was MD Fest at HQ...

many seniors live closer to the east coast. i'd like to meet more of everyone here (including you tour) , and not be limited to only west coasters. i know, i know, book a flight to the east coast. that is just a big feat for my limited means. anyway, i wish santa claus could have stuffed in all our stockings a plane ticket to the next pf. how sweet would 100-200+ heads be? don't think we'd all fit in any one of our houses for afterhours, though. maybe amulford's. got land? :cool:

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited January 2006
    Options
    RT1,

Just kidding I'll be wearing a Speedo also ;)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited January 2006
    Options
    I'm fired up already. Grudge matches galore. Doro (if we can get him there) vs the bush, RT1 vs DJ7 in a speedo death-match, amulford vs the entire neighborhood in a pyrotechnic shootout....And so much more! The Columbus Day weekend just can't get here soon enough.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited January 2006
    Options
    And I almost forgot....as I understand Tour is going to have a short seminar on how to do a whole-house super tweek in 30 min. or less. I bet F1nut will be doing his "Grumpy Old Men" immitation (again :rolleyes: ).
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • TroyD
    edited January 2006
    Options
    I've already got the DANGER! HIGH VOLTAGE warning signs fro Bruce.

BDT
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,795
    edited January 2006
    Options
    shack wrote:
    I bet F1nut will be doing his "Grumpy Old Men" immitation (again :rolleyes: ).

Eh, what you talking about, you ming da. :D

I vote for Troy's place this year. Anthony's got a great place for a Fest too, I'll be there.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• TroyD
    edited January 2006
    Options
    ming da....WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Man, they could make the best gear in the world and I STILL wouldn't buy it. Sounds to much like KA KAAA

BDT
  • Tour2ma
    edited January 2006
    Options
    That image is nt going to go away for a while...

Bizill,
    Point is if "westerners" start the ball rolling east coasters may come to you...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• TroyD
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Tour is exactly right....it's one thing for folks to say we ought to have a gathering in location X. It's quite another for someone to actually commit to it and volunteer to host as it is a signifigant investment of time and money to do it. You guys got to remember, Polk Audio doesn't put these on. They have been generous with supporting it in terms of giveaways and having people attend but the event itself is organized and funded by the host. My attitude was and is, if you want to get people to come, you've got to create an event people WANT to come to.

BDT
  • Skynut
    edited January 2006
    Options
    I was not aware that Polk had nothing to do with this. Cheap ba$tard$.
    That changes everything. They need to get of their a$$e$ and do one.
    I will look at it differently in the future. Just kidding.
    There is allways next year. Oh wait this is next year.
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

Thanks for looking
  • TroyD
    edited January 2006
    Options
    I thought that might be the case for some....nope, Polkfest is put on BY forum members FOR forum members. The HQ Polk tour was a nice bonus because Doro is local to Polk.

BDT
  • amulford
    edited January 2006
    Options
    TroyD wrote:
    Tour is exactly right....it's one thing for folks to say we ought to have a gathering in location X. It's quite another for someone to actually commit to it and volunteer to host as it is a signifigant investment of time and money to do it. You guys got to remember, Polk Audio doesn't put these on. They have been generous with supporting it in terms of giveaways and having people attend but the event itself is organized and funded by the host. My attitude was and is, if you want to get people to come, you've got to create an event people WANT to come to.

BDT

Exactly. That's why I'm going for 2007. It gives me time to get it together, sock away the money, get the place in order, yada yada.

Plus, I figure if I open the extra homeowners policy right now, they won't bat an eye when I file the claim... :D
  • Skynut
    edited January 2006
    Options
    amulford wrote:
    Exactly. That's why I'm going for 2007. It gives me time to get it together, sock away the money, get the place in order, yada yada.

Plus, I figure if I open the extra homeowners policy right now, they won't bat an eye when I file the claim... :D

Thats thinking ahead. :D
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

Thanks for looking