Madden 2006

Options
Shizelbs
Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
edited January 2006 in Video Games
Anyone playing this year's version of Madden NFL Football?

This is the first year that EA secured the exclusive license to make NFL video games.

I have it for the Xbox 360. I also had 2005 for the PC. Unlike previous sequels, this one is actually packed with changes, rather than just an update of music and rosters. The game play is entirely different. It has a much faster pace to it than 2005. Everything is much more realistic. 2005 almost felt like a cartoon. The graphics look much more real. You can see the sweat on arm, collisions are more real, hits are more real. Passing is far more believable this year. Last year I had one play that I could pull on 4th down and 95% of the time I would get my 5 yards I needed. This doesn't happen anymore. Anyways, I could go on and on about the improvements.

My two complaints are that, 1) the AI pace of hiking the ball is agonizingly slow, 2) running the ball seems to be a touch too easy. I play on the Pro level difficulty (2nd lowest of 4) and I always play the Seahawks (Shaun Alexander), so that may have something to do with it.

Anyone else care to chime in with their opinions?
Post edited by Shizelbs on

Comments

• Taurus574
    Taurus574 Posts: 52
    edited January 2006
    Options
    I don't have it for the Xbox 360 but I do have it for the PS2.. .man hooked up to the HT is awesome!!! The game feel is better I think from last year... it is a bit tougher and the whole Vision thing takes a bit getting use to. But it does make it feel more realistic... I mean if your looking at one side of the field, it's impossible to throw accurately to the other side without looking over.

Hit stick is harder .. well more of a delay type of hit... you either hit the guy just right or you miss him completely.

I do like the fact that defense is tougher..... no more double teaming Randy Moss and still watching him catch the ball every single time.... you might be able to get one off here and there but it's almost impossible to catch all the time, unless you size up the wrong CB/Safety.

I really wished that they updated the roster every week to keep it more in tune with the NFL season. I usually play games with buddies of mine based on what games were played on Sat/Sunday or Monday night... kinda like a rematch thing.

So do you notice a big difference in graphic quality between the Xbox 360 and other systems? I wouldn't think that they would really do it up with 2006 but just format it so it would be a little better then the other games systems, until 2007 comes out.
    Yamaha HTR-5490, Polk RT1000I, cs4000i, CS175 and R10 .... and a soon to be SVS 20-39 PCI
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Sorry Taurus, the 360 is totally different than the regular Xbox and PS2 versions.

I agree with you on one thing though. I think it would be very cool if you could play in a mode that could auto-adjust itself week to week following the NFL. Injuries, readjust performance variables, keep the teams realistic to the current, not what they were projected to be months before the start of the season.
  • swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited January 2006
    Options
    i play on ps2.

sometimes I hope online and play a couple of games.
    trying to understand the game a bit more?
    Madden forum

my friend and i played religously every night till i kept letting him drive on me to keep the game close.

I've played through about 15 seasons with a franchise.
    it's a fun time.

high pass to the tight end on a slant or a curl = money!
    cats.vans.bag...