MECA Rules!!

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2006
    It's already got Bosch Platinums in it. What fiberglass panel? The doors? I don't know yet. I'm going to have to mull it over and take a better look at the doors.
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited January 2006
    CRC makes good stuff ... for being a "generic brand" (which they're not, but they make just about everything at low cost so nobody considers them 'high end') they're phenominal with their products... their brake cleaner actually works, their carb cleaners are very caustic (which they're suppsoed to be) and their throttle body cleaners are non-TBI harmful but very effective (something you can't say about a lot of other brands). So you can't go wrong with them.

I want to hear what happens after u swap the fluid in the tranny - I'd be very interested to know if it solves your issue... a lot of people have argued that +3 is "fine" for a tranny that calls for +4, and I've never actually had anyone dumb enough to put +3 into a +4 trans, so I've never had one to actually hear or feel go bad... so I'm interested in how your's turns out.

And while I know its your daily, you're obviously going to play with it a bit -- check out the brushed aluminum dash overlays (or even replacements for the dash panels (the black plastic parts - but the overlays are a lot cheaper than the replacement pieces, but you get what you pay for - you could probably makethe overlays look better than anyone else since you know how to really make something stick where and how it's supposed to and not fall apart) and some door panel brushed aluminum inserts... as well as a brushed alum ram head cutout that goes over the red plastic reflector in the door - it looks wicked good inside against a black/smoke grey interior. wicked wicked good.

APC (i believe maybe i'ts someone else) makes billet door handles as well - they're a son of a gun to put in (the 'push pins' need to be replaced with real bolts - skinny ones - but real bolts) but they look great - depends what you decide for the exterior though --- with the sport model, black may be the way to keep it for handles and stuff -unless you do body color which would be awesome (although I don'tknow how well paint holds up on things like door handles that get friction from handling).

... all in all though - i just wanna see quality duals comin out the back of that sucker :) the summit aluminumized kit is like 135 bucks (with muffler, pre mandrel bent pipe - but not with tips) is REALLY good. Borla makes most of their truck kits (with lower end borla mufflers, but they hold up - the two that i put on my old man's 99 and on my old 99 that i traded in sounded PHENOMINAL (rich, deep, but not overpowering at till you stabbed the gas) and the motor breathes sooo much better.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited January 2006
    the doors are plastic ?? unless the sport has different panels.

the door panels themselves are very sturdy compared to many others... you can hack a big portion out and their still "solid" feeling. so your options are pretty much limitless - although being you, your options are limitless anyway - you're a friggin wizard polk installer. (jealous me! - i can't do any really innovative fabrication to save my life - i usually just do the simplest thing to get the job done that i can... which usually doesn't look as good as it could have were i skilled in that art).

*vomit* bosch. eh, but if they dont break apart, the bosch single prong platinums are not bad at all -- i used them when everybody stopped carrying champion truck plugs and i liked them -- performed just as well as any other one's i had used -- no issues whatsoever -- i've got single prong bosch platinums in the 3.7 in the 03 ram (its identical to the 4.7 minus 2 cylinders) -- my only gripe about the single prong platinum bosch is that all 8 of them that i put in the 88 came loose where the insulator meets the metal threaded part (after getting hot only - so i couldn't 'pre check' them) ... i was livid. i've got basic copper champions in there now until i'm done with break in - then the truck plugs i ordered go in. take a peek at them after say 20 or 30 miles - pull a plug wire off and see if you can "turn" the ceramic white part --- if u can't then you're all good. i just have been real skeptical since that happened to me. i get moody on things when they let me down, although i suppose i should be a little more forgiving... bosch did give me my money back, ask that i send the plugs back to them for quality inspection (they wanted to take a look b/c they hadn't heard of it happening before and wanted to know - since it was all 8 - if it was just a bad batch or if they had a real problem) and gave me an "I O U" for any 8 bosch plugs i want... so hell, my cash back, plus 8 free plugs when i decide i want to use their brand again...i can't really **** about that... least they're trying to stand behind their stuff. guy i talked to was pretty cool too - he was a techie guy, he seemed more disturbed about the whole thing than i did, which, considering my irate temper, is shocking.

the champion truck plug was the 'fix' just about everyone used for what sounded like a knock in the 318 and 360 of 95 to 00 years. after that, i just got hooked on them, specially for the cost. never had anything but bad luck with Autolite (burned up electrodes, etc - but i think thats probably because the auto parts morons gave me the wrong heat range plugs --- just because a plug "fits in the hole" doesn't mean its the right model plug).

this is so cool - a polk installer is a real part of the dodge family - i'm like, giddy.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited January 2006
    I know what you mean! For too long you and I have been carrying the Mopar banner. Now we've got an ally!

1625b.jpg
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D