speaking of horrible movie remakes...

Micah Cohen
Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
I tried to watch "Last Man Standing" last night. It's a Bruce Willis thing, directed by Walter Hill (from whom I expected more... You know, "The Getaway," "The Warriors," "48 Hours," etc.). At first I didn't realize it, but it was yet another lame reproduction of "Yojimbo," or, to us 'Mericans, "Fistful of Dollars." In fact, it sucked. It was unwatchable, even tho I was tempted to stick around for the 5.1 gunplay. I shut it off after just 15 or so minutes.

Is there such a dearth of new ideas in hollywood that they have to keep remaking stuff when the original is just freakin fine?

I can't believe I missed "The Real World" last night... :(

MC
ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited August 2001
    I like that flick, of course I saw it, what THREE years ago....

I remember it being pretty damn entertaining...

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited August 2001
    I tried, I swear. I wanted gunplay, and the soundtrack was interesting and sounded great (Ry Cooter). But I just couldn't do it. I kept thinking, "Clint Eastwood did this. Why would Hill do this yet again?" I wanted to get thru it, I just couldn't. And I can watch just about any garbage on DVD. I just couldn't do it.

Wasn't there something else they could have done? An original story, perhaps?

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney