PC Game Swap Thread

Tour2ma
Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
edited February 2006 in Video Games
Anyone up for swapping out some oldies with which you're finished?

I've got a couple:
- one WWII set: Medal of Honor Allied Assault, Battlefield 1942 and Secret Weapons Over Normandy;
- EA Sports 2003 Golf; and
- 2003 NASCAR

A bit dated, but worth the price of your media mailing something my way in exchange.
More later,
Tour...
Vox Copuli
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
Post edited by Tour2ma on

Comments

• Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited December 2005
    Great idea. Let me dig around my office tonight and see what I can scrounge up.
  • Tour2ma
    edited December 2005
    Great... Your Civ III karma more or less gave me the idea...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • Shizelbs
    edited December 2005
    I'll throw Ghost Recon and Madden 2005 into the mix.
  • Tour2ma
    edited December 2005
    Any interest in the WWII set for them?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• Shizelbs
    edited December 2005
    Honestly no. Just thought I would offer them for anyone else interested. I can send them to you though if you would like.
  • MSkeezer
    MSkeezer Posts: 1,183
    edited December 2005
    Anyone want to send me Command and Conquer Generals? I've got Max Payne 1 & 2, Half Life 2, Call of Duty, StarCraft, Empire Earth, and a ton of others. I'll have to look to see what else I have...
  • stereo55
    stereo55 Posts: 418
    edited December 2005
    Hhhmm ... trade(s) ....sounds good to me too .... gonna dig around the pc room and see whats there .

I know I have :
    The complete Battlefield 1 collection ( and BFV)
    Warcraft3 and expansion
    X2 the threat
    Half-life 2
    Tony Hawk Underground 2
    Tony Hawk 4
    Fear , (my copy) available after my bro finishes with it .
    CC/ Generals w/expansion (but its my brother copy , Ill see if he wants to trade)
    (My own copy of CC/Generals and expansion ,but will be up for grabs in the future )
    SDA-2B's ~ Pair SDA-CRS's ~ ,*** Main listening: Maggies MG1 ~ Polk SDA 2B's ~ Monitor 10's , 3-pairs (2 pairs moded into SDA's w/SDA-2B/CRS cross-overs) , * DCM TF600's * Mission M71/M72 *** Main brdrm FRT: RTiA-5's /Presence RTi-4 / LSI-704 Cntr / Rear FXI3's ~~~ Assorted Main listening rm : , 2- Heathkit W-5M /tube mono blocks (Parasound P/HP-850)* * 2- Altec Lansing 1590b's/mono blocks (Yamaha C-45) * CM Labs 35D * Dynaco ST-70 ~ Occasionally ~* Yamaha CR-820/A-760 ,* Sansui AU-317/AU-217 * Carver 900 rec *2-Dynaco ST 120* 1 Hafler DH-220* Marantz 1040 ... more
  • ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    edited December 2005
    I would LOVE Half Life 2. I don't have many games though. Halo, Tron 2.0. ALOT of Sims 1 (most expanison packs for it too)
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • cam5860
    cam5860 Posts: 632
    edited December 2005
    The last gaming system i owned was the nintendo 64, but have some games for it. If anyone is interested in swaping out.
  • MSkeezer
    edited December 2005
    Partial list:

Medal of Honor and expansions
    Brothers in Arms
    Command & Conquer TS, RA 2/Yuri's Revenge, Renegade
    Quake III and expansion
    Half Life and expansions
    Half Life 2
    Everquest(u can have it)
    Call of Duty and expansion
    Ghost Recon
    Starcraft
    Baldur's Gate II
    Warcraft II
    Magesty Gold Edition
    Sum of All Fears
    Serious Sam
    Shogun Total War
    Tribes 2
    Alien vs Predator 1 and 2
    Knights of the Old Republic
    Alice

I've got more, but they're put away in the closet right now. I'll have to dig them out later.
  • MSkeezer
    edited December 2005
    Stereo, I'm interested in Fear and CC:G. Led, I'm interested in Halo. Thanks.
  • Shizelbs
    edited December 2005
    Does anyone have Rome: Total War?
  • Tour2ma
    edited December 2005
    MSkeezer wrote:
    Partial list:
    Partial???

I'd like the CoD Exp Pack, but thinking I'm gonna have to dig something up better than what I listed so far... Give me untill Monday, if you would...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• Schris22
    Schris22 Posts: 983
    edited December 2005
    I got rome....but i'm still playing it...

I don't know how long I've been playing this damn game. It takes forever to do the long campaign...

Be prepared shizelbs...

Chris
    Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR502-S
    DVD Player: Pioneer DV-578A-S
    Left and Right: R50
    Center: CS1
    Rear Center: R15
    Surrounds: R30
    Subwoofer: 10'' Dayton 100 Watt
  • MSkeezer
    edited January 2006
    Games I'm looking for:

Command and Conquer Generals (I own this one but lost the first disc and the serial key. I paid $50 when this first came out so I really don't want to buy it again)
    Unreal Tournament 2003 or 2004
    Clive Barker's Undying
    Far Cry
    Chronicles of Riddick

All the other games I have are actually my wife's, and she's not interested in swapping. She's not interested in trading games, either :p
  • lanion
    lanion Posts: 843
    edited January 2006
    I have 2 copies of Far Cry.... bought one, one came with a video card.... maybe I can find those extra CDs around.
    My Iron Man training/charity blog.

HT:
    32" Sharp LCD. H/K dpr 1001 to Outlaw Audio 7900 to Polk LSi + Paradigm Studio center. Hsu DualDrive ULS-15. PS3/Wii. Outlaw 7900.
  • Tour2ma
    edited January 2006
    Damn... not that I have anything awesome up for grabs, but now have a number of lists, but no swap action... at least public. Has anyone struck a deal?

If not, I'm starting to think we may need to just start a virtual game pool... Throw one in and you get one out. Any thoughts?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• Shizelbs
    edited January 2006
    Its building up steam. If nothing else, it opens the dialogue for potentially selling games. I think that is something we all would be interested in. Selling some of these titles on the cheap.

More games I can part ways with:
    High Heat 2002
    LOTR: ROTK
    Soldier of Fortune 2
    Dronze
    Elder Scrolls III
    UT 2003
    UT 2004
    Ghost Recon
    Duke Nukem Manhattan Project
    Hitman 2
  • MSkeezer
    edited January 2006
    Crap Shizelbs. I just bought UT 2004. ****... jk.

Update on Half Life 2. Steam sucks **** and I hope everyone who works for Steam kills themselves. I reinstalled it, but I can't play because I don't remember my old account information. I have my CD Key and since it's already registered to someone else(ME!), I can't play because I can't login. **** Steam...
  • Shizelbs
    edited January 2006
    Well that rules. My computer managed to forget my Steam login, and so do I. I didn't uninstall or anything.

**** like that should be illegal. I understand they need to protect against piracy, but really its too much when the fair owner can't use it as they see fit.

You'll still like UT2004. It has one of the best multiplayer experiences out there. Quick, easy to use, very active community. Most of all, its a fun and very replayable game. And seeing as how its kinda old, I bet you got a good deal on it.
  • MSkeezer
    edited January 2006
    Yeah, it bites. I paid $50 for it shortly after it came out. I've emailed them about it, but no reply. I probably haven't forgotten my login info. I use the same screen name for just about everything. Probably a fuckup on their part, and I'm the one paying for it. HL2 is a great game. One of the best I've played. I wanted to play it once last time before I sent it out to a member on here.

I think I good deal on UT 2004. $16 new. And it was the GOTY edition. I recently reinstalled the original UT. It's amazing how well it holds up after all these years, and it's still just as addictive as ever.
  • Shizelbs
    edited February 2006
    I am total up for loaning out all and any of my 360 games for a 360 game in exchange. I can't play enough 360, and I love more gamerpoints.

I own;
    Perfect Dark Zero
    Madden 06
    Call of Duty 2
    Project Gotham Racing 3
    Kameo
    Dead or Alive 4
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited February 2006
    I've got quite a few PC games, ranging from RPG's, to FPS. I wouldn't mind having a PC swap, if it all leans that way. Let me know what everyone thinks.

BTW? How would we agree on shipping? Everybody pay their own? We should get that all lined out, and I think more people would jump on board! Try games for a few months, and let others try... all for the price of shipping. It's a great idea! I mean, I've got 15 different games that I never play anymore.. why not let others enjoy.
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• MSkeezer
    edited February 2006
    This idea has been around for a while but it never took off...
  • MrNightly
    edited February 2006
    Hmm, maybe if we had a set standard on shipping or something. Like, borrow the game, not keep it. Let everyone try it out. I think it could take off... any ideas?
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• MSkeezer
    edited February 2006
    Yeah I think that was the original plan. When someone's done with a game, just pass it on. I wouldn't mind letting folks borrow my games, but letting someone have them, nah, I don't think I could do that. We need some rules to go by, of course. As for shipping, I think that should be left to the person sending the game. It would only cost a couple of bucks to mail out. Let's not make things complicated. I think it would be a waste of time to charge for shipping. Especially with Paypal fees. If you were mailing, is it really worth writing a check or getting a MO for just a couple of bucks? I don't think so.
  • Tour2ma
    edited February 2006
    Agree...

Idea was to swap. If to some that means they want recall rights, no biggee as long as it's known up front.

I held back one or two, myself, that I might want another crack at someday, e.g., "Outworld".

Just list what you have for permanant trade and what you have for "loan" trade, and let's see what happens.

I don't need any myself right now as I am currently going into sleep depracation over CivIII - Complete...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• MrNightly
    edited February 2006
    Tour2ma wrote:
    Agree...

Idea was to swap. If to some that means they want recall rights, no biggee as long as it's known up front.

I held back one or two, myself, that I might want another crack at someday, e.g., "Outworld".

Just list what you have for permanant trade and what you have for "loan" trade, and let's see what happens.

I don't need any myself right now as I am currently going into sleep depracation over CivIII - Complete...

Good. I agree. 2 bucks to ship or so is totally fine with me. I also agree that the "Owner" should be able to request the game back after it has been played... What's the point if you can't, because someone may just ask for all the games and store them up!!! :) Not that I was planning on doing that mind you.. hehehe. Ahem.

Regarding CIV3, just wait until you get your hands on CIV4!!! BLOW's 3 away. But I burned months on 3, and loved every minute of it. Wait until you play on Diety. Muhahahahaha....
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805