Momo tweeter install question

Texan29
Texan29 Posts: 1
edited December 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
Ok, so this is the first time in over ten years that I am installing a system into a vehicle... I used to do it back in college, all of the time, but several things have changed over the past 10 years and I know when to wuss out and ask for advice. My question is probably going to be a relatively stupid one for you seasoned installers, but.... How the hell do I mount/fasten the Momo tweeters to my doors? They have no mounting tabs to speak of and only came with two separate sets of black cups.... Like I said, some of you are probably rolling your eyes reading this, but I really want to install this system myself and I understand most of it. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Post edited by Texan29 on

Comments

• unrealii
    unrealii Posts: 268
    edited December 2005
    You may have to drill a hole and put the cups in the hole. There should be a set of screws along with a nut that has 4 arms connected to it. You would need to put that behind the cup and screw it in. Then the tweeter just slides into the cup. I've never installed tweeters like this before, but that is what my impression was when I saw the hardware.
    LSIm system on order =D

Currently listening to innovation...

Prior car systems:
    Nissan Maxima - Eclipse CD5030, Eclipse HDR109 HD Receiver, Eclipse PA5422, Eclipse PA5532, Polk SR 6500 (Front), Polk DB6510 (Rear), Image Dymanics IDQ10, active x-over setup
    Toyota MR2 - Eclipse CD5030, Eclipse HDR109 HD Receiver, Blaupunkt THA 555, Polk SR6500
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited December 2005
    Im not familiar with the MMC tweets but I did have a set of the MM6 components. They had 2 holes on the back of the cup. One for the speaker wire and then one for the screw to mount it to wherever.

Just pick where you want to stick them and then drill 2 holes and then take a tab to screw into on the backside of the panel and there ya go.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited December 2005
    i do believe they come with both surface mount "pods" and flush mount "cups".

the pods you sould drill two little holes for very small screws (and a 3rd for the wire to go through) - put the pod against the panel, screw it down, slip the tweeter in and twist it into the cup.

the cups, you would drill roughly a 1.5 inch diameter hole (or whatever the diameter of the cup is)... push the cup and tweeter (full twisted together) into the hole and then there's a "toothed ring" (looks like a big O-ring with little teeth on the inside of it)... that ring needs to be pushed onto the back of the flush mount cup from the inside (requires removing the door panel).

see attached diagram - forgive my poor artwork.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge