WTB: Harman Kardon DVD player...

MSkeezer
MSkeezer Posts: 1,183
edited December 2005 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
Anyone looking to sale their Harman DVD player? The only thing I need is progressive scan. Other features aren't important. If it has them, that'd be nice, but not necessary. Thanks.

Thomas
Post edited by MSkeezer on

Comments

• BjornB17
    BjornB17 Posts: 752
    edited December 2005
    I have one, the DVD22. Only a couple months old and functions and looks like new. What are you willing to pay?
    KEF Q150 | Rythmik F12 | Yamaha Aventage RX-A780
  • Mazeroth
    Mazeroth Posts: 1,585
    edited December 2005
    Please post a price for it, BjornB17.
  • drew spelts
    drew spelts Posts: 310
    edited December 2005
    why are you so interersted in an HK DVD player? I am just curious, do they have superior picture or sound?? Please let me know because i will be upgrading my DVD player soon.
    Harman Kardon AVR635
    RTi10's Up Front
    CSi5 Center
    RTi6's Rear Surround
    Furman RA-1210:rolleyes:
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited December 2005
    I love their receivers and all, but I've had bad luck / heard bad things about their CD and DVD players, mostly on the reliability side.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • BjornB17
    edited December 2005
    I've heard about a lot of probelms with their older DVD player... but supposidly the DVD22 and DVD31 are very good. I also have an FL8385 Cd changer which has been holding up pretty well so far. The first one i got had to be sent back because of grinding in the mechanism... and the FL8380 before that had tons of issues as well, but so far the one i have now is doing great.
  • MSkeezer
    edited December 2005
    I'm in the market "as it were", and I've been reading some excellent reviews for the HK's. Reviewers say that the picture quality is superb and that music playback rivals more expensive standalone CD players. Plus, if I get either DVD22 or 31, it would go perfectly with my HK AVR-430.
  • BjornB17
    edited December 2005
    MSkeezer wrote:
    I'm in the market "as it were", and I've been reading some excellent reviews for the HK's. Reviewers say that the picture quality is superb and that music playback rivals more expensive standalone CD players. Plus, if I get either DVD22 or 31, it would go perfectly with my HK AVR-430.

I have all HK components and they look great together:
    http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=12/35120395893.jpg&s=x11

The picture quality of the DVD22 is indeed fantastic.... looks gorgeous on my projector :) Sound quality with digital connections will sound the same as with any other dvd player, but if using analog connections for music, it is indeed much better that most other CD players i've heard, and sounds about the same as the FL8385 i also have.
  • MSkeezer
    edited December 2005
    It was actually that pic that really got me thinking about an HK player. All that HK stuff together really looks awesome. Then I found all the rave reviews for 22 and 31.
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited December 2005
    coming from someone who sells HK, I NEVER recommend their dvd players. Waste of money!!! Please don't waste your cash. They're basically a panasonic that's rebadged.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.